“Very Welcoming” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Very Welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very good food. Very kind owners. Down to earth and comfortable. It's like mom cooking for you only she is Thai.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Staunton, Virginia
“Fun and personal attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Great food, met the owners, got a tour of the B&B, which looked awesome and I would recommend to friends or family. I think the restaurant itself and decorations could be either be more modern or more authentic (or both), and might bring in more people. But, main thing was that the food was tasty and not something I'd had before. Can't wait to sit outside, there's a nice gazebo area in the back. Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Great food...charming inn...warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were welcomed so warmly by Ubon herself. We ordered spring rolls, pad thai and chicken vegetable stir fry with ginger and thai sauce....all of this fresh and delicious. Save room for dessert. The sticky rice and custard is an explosion of flavor. We will return soon! We also got a tour of the Inn which is charming and inviting.

• Visited June 2012
Staunton
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Ubon Thai has the most amazing food, a beautiful setting, and friendly people. I go there all the time with my mom and every visit is a real treat. I have never been able to find thai food that good anywhere else. I brought some asian friends there for lunch once and when we were finished eating they ordered more to take home for dinner. They said it was some of the only truly authentic asian food they had found yet in the US. The food always tastes fresh and flavorful, which is not surprising as Ubon grows her own spices! The fresh spring rolls, pad thai, and krapao are my favorites. Many of the dishes are big enough to share and best if ordered spicy. If you have the chance to go to Ubon Thai, take it. This is an experience you do not want to miss!

• Visited April 2012
Lexington, Virginia
“Excellent Authentic Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Ubon Thai is a treat in this area! Ubon is not only an owner, but also the chef. She always treats my husband and I like we are her children. Her husband is also an incredible host. Last time I went to eat there, he showed my friends and I the Victorian building, the rooms, and shared its history. It is an absolutely beautiful building with a Thai flair.

And now the food. I'd like to think I have a good nom sense for Thai food. After all, my mother is Thai. I can safely say this food is legit and authentic. The curries are delicious that doesn't skimp on content-whether it be veggies or meat. It is also the only Thai place in the area that actually makes my food Thai-hot. And then gives me extra hot sauce. They get me. My husband, on the other hand, does not like spicy food and he is always pleased by the mildness of his food.

So all in all, this place is absolutely worth your time. Great food, great service.

• Visited March 2012