“Great Blueberry Pie” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great Blueberry Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I had the hot cakes and sausage patties. Our server said they had maple syrup, but she brought me just plain syrup. My daughter and her friend split the blueberry pie. Best blueberry pie, ever! And she doesn't usually like blueberries. A little pricey, but, hey, where can you get fresh homemade blueberry pies nowadays?

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

charlottesville
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband i ate breakfast at The Beverly during our recent visit to Staunton and i wouldn't bother to eat there again.

The restraunt itself has a rundown charm that i'm particularly fond of so i had high-hopes of eating some amazing home-style cookin'. I was disappointed. I ordered eggs over medium and it appears they have their grill set too high because my eggs were both browned AND gelatinously runny...and i'm not just talking about the yolk. The homefries were good in a fried salt-n-pepper sort of way. I substituted a pancake for the toast my egg came with and the pancake was fine.

The coffee was the worst coffee i've ever drank. The coffee was so bad it warrents it's own paragraph. Perhaps their coffee maker needs a good deep cleaning (or maybe it should simply be replaced). Perhaps they need to order coffee from a new supplier. Perhaps they should have their water-lines changed and/or updated. I don't know what caused their coffee to be so particularly horrible but it is truthfully the worst tasting coffee i've ever consumed.

I'm sure there are better locally-owed restraunts....go to them and skip this place.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Homey and old fashioned”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is just what you want in the downtown of a small college town--delicious lunches. Easy to love family favorites, such as chicken salad sandwiches on whole wheat toast.

Comstock Park, MI
“Attitiude adjustment required”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Seated ourselves per sign. Lady that brought our water complained about her morning not going well and she thought she should have stayed home.She to us our waiteress would be with us shortly. I know we are in the Valley and things move slower but 7 minutes later our waitress finally arrived. It was not busy and it is not a large place. While waiting for our waitress the cashier was complaining to another patron about how she hadn't slept well- blah blah blah. Not a cheery place. Food was sub-par with no seasoning at all. Sausage gravy is white gravy (same as used on chipped beef) with sausage chunks in it- Little flavor. Potatoes were bland and barely fired. Will NOT go back.

Visited March 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Friendly People, Great Pie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The Beverly is like something out of Mayberry -- a small town unprententious place with homemade pie and good, solid food.

Visited March 2012