“Ho-hum homecooking” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Ho-hum homecooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

We went here for breakfast (myself, my husband, and our 8 and 10 yr old boys). It wasn't bad, but it wasn't exceptional. It was ho-hum. I thought it was kind of pricey for normal breakfast (eggs, pancakes, etc) - our bill was around $37, plus tip. The buttermilk pancakes were almost sour tasting, there was that much buttermilk in, and the coffee was not very good. They did have very good homemade bread they used for toast. Overall, just mediocre to me.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Ashburn, Virginia
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had breakfast here during our stay in Staunton and it was the best breakfast we had during our stay. The food was great and the portions more than what we should have eaten. We talked to the owner while we ate and she was a blast to talk and listen to.

Visited December 2011
Athens, Georgia
“Downhome, small-town Perfection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have eaten at the Beverly many times and I love it. The food is well cooked comfort food and the atmosphere takes you back. Love this place.

Visited November 2011
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Cozy Breakfast Nook in Downtown Staunton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Enjoyed a very relaxing Saturday morning breakfast here with my parents, and then again later with my wife and her adult children. Booths along left wall are particularly suited for 2-4 people. I will definitely return here next time I'm in Staunton.
[Note: the restaurant was closed Sunday morning].

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
“Feels like a bygone era, homemade goodness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

An institution in downtown Staunton, and rightly so. A bustling, homey place with fast friendly service. Lunch specials are always good; I especially look forward to the catfish and the chicken livers. Sandwiches are excellent. Try the chicken salad on toasted homemade bread. Side dishes ate southern style and always freshly house-made. If you are there for breakfast and eat pork, choose the locally made fresh pork sausage patties. They are soooooo good. Closed Wednesdays.

• 4 of 5 stars Food