“Good service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Tasty food. Good draft beer. Good service and quick seating on a busy night. Very attentive host kept an eye out for us.

Visited October 2012

Virginia
“Not Amazing, but great value.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were not terribly hungry but wanted a beer and a bite so we ducked in here. Fun atmosphere and the service was speedy. We ordered a plate of nachos to share and were underimpressed. Chips were a bit limp and the refried beans were cold and tasted "old," but my friends said they enjoyed them. The plate was overloaded with jalapenos which we had to pick off. Two of us love spicy food, but when we had finished removing the peppers, there were more a cup of them. My friend ordered a spinach quesadilla which was much better than the nachos. Beer was cold and the price was right.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Staunton, Virginia
“It's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Not bad tex mex food - my husband ordered the ginormous burrito (don't remember the name) and it was indeed huge. Biggest issue, we saw the waiter fill the basket of chips with his bare hands. Made the whole experience a bit tainted.

Ohio, USA
“Excellent southwest food and an outstanding selection of craft beers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had one night in Staunton during a short road trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah National Park. As it has been a cool and overcast day, I was looking for something with a little heat for dinner. After a quick search of the TA reviews and the local dining options listed in the hotel guide, I quickly zeroed in on Baja Bean Company. The clincher for me was that there were 14 craft beers on tap. There had to be a good pale ale or IPA in the mix.

I visited on a Saturday evening in early September, right about dinner time, so I was expecting a crowd, but surprisingly there was only a 15 minute wait, so not too bad. Once seated, the service was expedient and friendly. The menu was chocked full of great looking options, so I told my server was I had in mind (something with heat for dinner and a hoppy beer). The server recommended the Burro del Muerto, and that turned out to be genius suggestion. Great flavor with a good amount of heat; a perfect combination with the Uinta Hop Notch IPA. The bonus to this dish was the jalapeño bottle caps (deep-fried slices of jalapeno peppers…YUM!).

The setting was open and light, so very inviting. The downtown location provides the opportunity to look around the shops. There was also public parking lot just a couple blocks away, with free parking on weekends.

One thing is certain, the next time I am in Staunton, I will eat at the Baja Bean Company.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berryville, Virginia
“Great food & friendly people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We came late on the Friday night of Labor Day weekend and were just tired and hungry not knowing where to go. By chance we saw the Baja Bean sign and decided to give it a go and we were glad we did! The people both dining and waiting on us were all so nice. There was a theater group that had finished with rehearsals in for a late dinner and one made a balloon animal for my very exhausted 2.5 year old that entertained him the whole time we were there. Since it was late we did not order much, I had the black and white quesadilla and my husband had the cheese both with chips and salsa. They were excellent. The black and white was made with cheese and black beans and was actually very filling. If you are in the area definitely stop in (but give the fresh made salsa a good stir as all of the flavor seemed to rest at the bottom of the bowl).

• Visited September 2012