“Late lunch but lots of choices” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 114 Restaurants in Staunton
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Sacramento, California
“Late lunch but lots of choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stopped in mid-afternoon after a very nice tour of the Woodrow Wilson Museum and Home for a little late lunch. The white bean and ham soup was quite tasty and hot, accompanied by 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich with a side of soup. A little light butter on the grilled sandwich would have been good, it had plenty of cheddar cheese. I gave the very good rating for the soup; good homemade soup can be hard to come by. The staff was pleasant and I thought the 6.25 price was reasonable for all the meal included.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Staunton, Virginia
“Everyone loves the Pampered Palette”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great lunches: salads that are not drowned in dressing, creative sandwiches, good soups. Variety abounds. Good wait staff.

Visited September 2012
Alexandria VA
“Don't order a grilled cheese”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Based on the kind of cool vibe and wine laying around we got the impression this would be good. No.

We went for lunch. It took 40 minutes for our order. I ordered pita and hummus to share. It came one minute before my salad and friends sandwich. So who would want it then? And if it was homemade I suggest they just buy from the grocery store. You could stick a fork straight up in it it was so thick and dry and it would stay. I should have sent it back but the (one) server never came back and we had to leave because of the time.

My said was good - it was their special with apples but crammed onto a small plate so huge mess. My friend ordered the grilled cheese. What a hoot. Toasted bread with melted cheese in the middle. No grilling involved. But after sitting for 40 minutes you have to eat it!

I can't remember what it cost but i do remember being horrified considering how bad and slow it was. If I'd only ordered the salad I would have thought the place was good . . .

• Visited November 2012
“Too pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Unfortunately, we came for their web advertised expresso special and they refused to honor it. The place was pricey, but decent. Lunch shouldn’t cost $35 for two but I am spoiled on better deals.

Visited October 2012
Great Mills, Maryland, United States
“Good food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a light supper here. The food was good. I had Quiche Lorraine & a salad. My wife had a stuffed baked potato with salad. They offered a number of toppings for the potatos. The carrot cake was also good. We rarely order dessert.

Visited October 2012