“Great food and a friendly welcome” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
“Great food and a friendly welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I arrived late in the evening about 45 minutes before closing time and was welcomed inside and not treated like a nuisance for being so late.

I narrowed down my entree to two from the menu and on the recommendation of Simon the waiter chose the pork rib eye. It was really moist with a piquant sauce which was very strongly flavoured.

I'd certainly eat here again if I was in the area.

Visited June 2014

Dayton, Ohio
“Homemade pasta and soups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Very cute place in the middle of town, surrounded by antique shops. The server was sweet and very helpful. They specialize in many sandwiches that looked awesome, but we decided on the homemade pasta, which was delicious. We also had the roasted corn soup, that is a must if you are there.

Visited May 2014
“Adorable restaurant, wonderful waitress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We came into the Clocktower
based on reviews on tripadvisor. Not only was the food delicious, but the waitress was even more memorable. We told her we were just passing through Staunton and had some time to kill and she went out of her way to tell us about neat attractions in the area. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic find in a classic American small town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had a really wonderful visit at Clocktower over lunch. Lovely place, professional and warm service, and very good food. What a find!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia, Minnesota
“So glad I went back a second time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We decided to try the Clocktower a second time and were completely satisfied with our experience. Even though we sat outside, our server was always aware of our needs and served us promptly. Both she and the manager were very friendly and accommodating to us and our dog, who sat quietly on the side. He was even served water in a bowl!
The meal was one of their specials that night: chorizo and avocado burger with sweet potato fries. First, the burger tasted like nothing I've ever had before. It was absolutely delicious. The sweet potato fries were perfectly cooked and came with some sweet dipping sauce. It was the perfect portion size for both my husband and me: not too little, not too much, just right.
I get there weekend specials emailed to me, and I plan to go back for some other new and exciting meals. We eat out 5 times a week, and I appreciate the opportunity to try something new, as restaurants generally tend to offer the same things. If you're in Staunton, Clocktower is right downtown in the historic section. Check it out!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere