“Just bad all around” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hometown Inn Staunton

Hometown Inn Staunton
You added Hometown Inn Staunton to your Saves list
Hometown Inn Staunton
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3554 Lee Jackson Hwy, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Budget Host)   |
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Staunton
Bangor, Maine
“Just bad all around”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We was greeted by a gentlemen that could hardly speak English, then he could not understand that we had also booked online and that we had also booked a cot with the room, when we got to the room after not getting the cot and not been able to get out of the reservation we had no choice but to stay, the toilet sit was broken, the light that was for you to use when going in to the room so you can get to the other lamps that was in the rooms was blown, so i hit my toe on a desk that was in the very small room,the sink did not drain very well, the shower was small and hard to use, the blankets smelled like mildew, and then when i went to get towels so i could take a shower because there was only 2 towel and 2 face cloths and because there was 3 of us we needed more i went to get a towel and i could not get one tell morning when the maids was around so i had to go to bed stinky ewwwwww..., when talking to the maid she did not understand me when i asked for towels i had to take the towels and face cloths off the maids cart.... all in all not a great place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

The rooms were had antiquated decorations and ac from the early 70s, but it pumped out cold air! The rooms were clean, bathrooms too. A great cheap hotel!

• Stayed July 2011
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

I spent a couple of nights here while working in the shen. valley. The place is old and a little run down but the bed and towels were clean, solid block walls between the rooms keeps the noise out and the balcony was real nice to sit out on. The upstairs rooms have vaulted cielings I think this place may have been a howard johnsons many years ago. There is a truckstop across the street that has an Arby's and there is a Subway over there too. The people that run the place live onsite and they were very nice to me. I think they allow dogs to stay in the downstairs rooms only, there is a huge grassy field out back where I saw some guests running their dogs. TV was small but had a fair picture and 3 HBO channels. I was able to pick up the truckstops wifi from the balcony.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2005

I have stayed at the hotel a number of times. It is not fancy, but it has always been clean. It is a historical place, I have always been treated kind by the people that run the hotel, and I like that they want their customers to have a good stay there, they have always been helpful with directions or any thing else that I have needed of them. I also have children and they have a big back yard that they can run around in and use up some of their energy, We have taken short walks along the creek side and they also have a little swing set in the back yard as well. I will be staying there everytime I am in that area. The rates are very reasonable also

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Hometown Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!