“A very good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“A very good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on 21 December 2012. We found everyone to be friendly and helpful. The room was nice, the bed comfortable, cleanliness overall was very good. The breakfast was good and got better once we started talking with Cynthia! We found her super friendly and helpful.

The hotel was nicely decorated for Christmas.

We have this hotel on our radar during trips to North Carolina. An added benefit is the American Shakespeare Company in historic Staunton. The troupe there is worth the effort to see.

We will DEFINITELY stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
tappahannock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

After driving in terrible fog for 3 hours, we arrived to a very clean, friendly Inn. The staff greeted us with welcoming smiles, our room was very satisfactory and the real treat was in our morning breakfast...Homemade biscuits, Belgian waffle maker, yogurts of various flavors and good coffee..along with cereals of several choices, sausage bits and gravy and the usual muffins. Cynthia(the hostess) greeted us with a smile and was offering refills of coffee, etc. We will be a regular guest when in the Staunton area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank for taking the time to submit such a detailed review about your stay at the Comfort Inn Staunton. We appreciate guest feedback very much - it provides insight to help us maintain the highs standards we strive to achieve for every guest's stay. Glad to hear that our staff was welcoming after a trying drive through the fog! We are so happy you were able to enjoy our extensive complimentary hot breakfast buffet - as you mentioned, it does have a nice array of items inlcluding fresh made belgian waffles, assorted yogurts and cereals, good coffee, biscuits and sausage gravy, and more! We have shared your comments with Cynthia, the breakfast hostess. She certainly does take good care of our guests! Thank you for planning stay with us again when in the Staunton area. We look forward to your next visit!
tewksbury. nj.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

stayed here last week after sandy visted new jersey. after being without heat water or power for more then a week this was a great treat. we stayed over on our way to our florida home. a soft warm bed and a luxury shower was a real thrill. friendly front desk and a good included breakfast made this a welcome stop. great motel.

Room Tip: dont order from dominos, but every pizza lover probably knows this.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Cynthia the breakfast hostess was very attentive and did all she could to assure a delicious morning experience. The food was well prepared, hot and fresh. All in all, a great breakfast to start the day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for posting a review about your recent Comfort Inn Staunton stay. So nice to hear that Cynthia, our complimentary hot breakfast buffet hostess, was able to take such good care of you in both attentiveness and with "well prepared, hot and fresh" food. Our guests do enjoy the abundance of choices and it is indeed a great breakfast to start the day. We hope to see you again soon!
Indian Trail, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

From the staff that regestered us, to everyone that helped us or greeted us. It was a very nice experience. At breakfast (Cynthia the hostess) was so nice and was doing a wonderful job of keeping every thing clean, fresh and with a cheerful attitude. We will surely be staying with you
again. We always stay at Comfort Inns when they available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing with us your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Staunton. It is so nice to hear that our staff was able to "wow" you with their service during your stay. Our goal is that all of our guests feel like they are in a home away from home and we enjoyed sharing with the staff your overall comment that your "stay was excellent" as well as your compliments specifically to Cynthia as she took care of the complimentary hot breakfast buffet and that in general the whole team seemed to take great care of you. Thank you again and we hope that you are able to visit again, soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Convenient location, older building needs an update and New Matresses. The matresses are very uncomfortable,as the springs can be felt when sitting or lying on the beds . No anti slip mat in bathtub. Shower handle needs replacement as it is difficult to control the shower water temperature Dead insects on window sill.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize that your guest room did not meet your expectations. We have high standards for cleanliness and preventative maintenance of our guest rooms and the public areas of the hotel. Unfortunately, we seem to have really missed the mark with your stay with us. We have shared your feedback with our housekeeping and maintenance staff. Our staff and management team take all guest feedback very seriously and we will be reviewing our room inspection procedures to ensure that future guests do not encounter these types of concerns.
We have been pleased with recently completed upgrades to our hotel including carpeting and bedding, etc., and will continue to take guest comments such as yours into consideration as we annually review ways to enhance our property.
Beattyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

When I made my reservation online a few days before my planned stay, I got the next to the last room available here. Most of the hotels in the Staunton area were full or nearing capacity, and prices were higher than what I would expect. I chose to cash in a free Choice Privileges night and stay here. I am glad I did. I don't know where the people writing negative reviews stayed, because the hotel they are describing does not describe the place I stayed.

When I arrived the desk clerk was busy, checking in guests, answering the phone and turning away walk-ins because they were full. The combination of home James Madison and UVa football games, contractors, two wedding parties and fall foliage season had filled up everything in the area. My room was already assigned and they had honored my request for a first-floor room.

The room was clean, beds were comfortable and the wi-fi worked great. The refrigerator also worked well. I was unable to test out the water pressure because I had to depart early the next morning and opted not to shower. I also did not have time to eat breakfast, but it looked good. (Biscuits & gravy, yummy).

One problem, but it really didn't bother me. Sometime during the night, the breaker which controlled the bathroom and front entrance light blew. The lights would not turn on, but that was no big deal because I was able to see well enough to brush my teeth and wash my face the next morning. When I checked out the clerk said the room next door had needed a breaker reset, so it's quite possible my lights would have come on after that.

One person griping on Foursquare claimed they had bedbugs, but I saw absolutely no evidence of this.

I get the feeling this is an older hotel that's undergone a substantial remodeling, inside and out.

There's a Waffle House next door (24-hour food) and plenty of other shopping and dining options nearby (Walmart, Chili's, Sheetz, Five Guys and others), and this hotel is right off I-81.

Depending on the price, I would definitely consider staying here again. I probably wouldn't pay event-weekend prices here but would use a free night, or would pay regular prices on a non-event weekend. I didn't have the problems the two most recent reviewers before me had. I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Staunton.

Room Tip: Reserve a room early if you plan to stay here. They go quickly!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and complimentary review of your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Staunton. While we appreciate all guest feedback, even when difficult to hear, it is especially gratifying to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay and that you would "definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Staunton". That is perhaps the highest of compliments! Thank you for your compliment to housekeeping and bed comfort and our high speed internet service. It is a shame that you were unable to partake of the complimentary hot breakfast buffet - perhaps on your next visit! As you noted, we have undergone substantial property upgrades and are committed to annually reviewing opportunities for more enhancements at the hotel. The hotel location is great - just off I-81 - and in addition to the restaurants you mentioned, we are privileged to have many fine dining restaurants located further downtown. Thank you again for your wonderful review - it has been shared with our staff as an encouragement to keep on keeping on! Please visit again soon!

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!