“A great value for the military traveler.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A great value for the military traveler.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

As a military member, I was pleased to find a military rate for my stay, and even more pleased when I was asked for my military ID at check in. Very few hotels verify military ID when I travel and use the military/government rate, so THANK YOU for that. All of the front desk staff (Ellie, Alex and the gentleman on the overnight shift) were extremely helpful and went above the call of duty for me. The building was older, but well maintained. My room was clean, and even though I was immediately adjacent to the elevator, the room was quiet. Free WIFI was a nice touch and worked well on my IPAD. Plenty of clean towels, and the microwave, fridge and coffee maker were welcome additions. Nice newer flat screen TV with a good selection channels. I have no complaints about this hotel and will certainly return for another stay soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review about your recent stay at our Comfort Inn Staunton, VA. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. We strive to provide "above and beyond" service and are pleased that your interactions with our team were so positive. Thank you for your compliments on our housekeeping and in-room amenities like the microwaves and refrigerators and complimentary high speed internet access. Your review will be shared with our staff and will be a wonderful encouragement to them to keep up the good work. The highest compliment we can receive from a guest is that they will return again "soon" and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Sheets were so worn they were see-through in places. Towels in bathroom were so frayed you wouldn't use them as a rag. Each visit to the front desk led to a long wait for the agent to actually appear. Staff was friendly when they finally showed up. The owner of the hotel should spend a little money on repairing and maintaining the hotel rooms. Some rooms facing the parking lot don't have curtains that close all the way which caused my friend to hang a bedspread over his window so he could sleep. The hotel is also on the bed bug registry and the first "tip" I saw on Foursquare when I checked in was of someone's bed bug bites from staying at the hotel. Thankfully, I didn't see any creepy crawlies while I was there, but it definitely made me nervous.

Room Tip: If your room faces the parking lot, be sure the curtains close!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize that your guest room did not meet your expectations. We have high standards for cleanliness and preventative maintenance of our guest rooms. Unfortunately, we seem to have really missed the mark with your stay with us. We have shared your feedback with our housekeeping and maintenance staff. Our staff and management team take all guest feedback very seriously and we will be reviewing our room inspection procedures to ensure that future guests do not encounter these types of concerns. We have been pleased with recently completed upgrades to our hotel including carpeting and bedding, etc., and will continue to take guest comments such as yours into consideration as we annually review ways to enhance our property.
As prominently reported through the media this year, bed bugs have unfortunately become a very wide-spread issue in the United States. Since bedbugs tend to be "hitchhikers" they end up in hotels typically because they have traveled in with a guest - either in their clothing and/or suitcases. Because of this issue, we have a professional pest extermination company that comes to the hotel on a regular basis and to perform inspections and preventative treatment.
We sincerely hope that you will visit us again in the future so you can experience the service level that we strive for on a daily basis.
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel back in March 2012.

Check in was quick. Front desk associate was friendly and welcoming. She informed us about credit card authorization for a room and additional amount. Told us at check out funds will be released. I believe every hotel does this, but this was the only hotel to tell me before swiping my card.

Stayed in a room with two beds. Room was little darker, but clean. Our bed was comfortable enough. Pillows same as everywhere. Everything was clean. Luggage carts were not bulky and easy to use. Internet speed was moderate. We did not experience any noise.

Breakfast improved, had many new things. Liked their decaf. coffee, muffins were nice. Had different types of yogurt, peanut butter. Different types of waffles. Did not try scrambled eggs and sausages.

At check out were asked if paying by the same card. That was surprising, I thought they charge it automatically. Front desk lady asked us to sign the receipt. Again that surprised me, as I had signed something at check in. Anyways, I got my copy of receipt as a proof.

I was trying to stay away from pet-friendly hotels, but this time our stay was nice. Did not hear any noise or dog barking. I would love to come back and stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay on 1st floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Waldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Front desk clerk was very friendly and quick to register. The next morning Cynthia, the breakfast attendant was so nice. She gave my 2 sons crayons and coloring books. She was very helpfulnd friendly. I will be sure to look for a Comfort Inn again!

Room Tip: Nice Pool open late 11pm
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Had a decent night here. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom is small but adequate. Decor is a little dated. Breakfast is decent with the usual breads, hard boiled eggs, excellent scrambled eggs and waffles. No sausage or bacon as previously stated and staff kept well stocked. Pets are allowed at this hotel. We were on the 5th floor and saw pets on that floor. Heavy cleaning scent on that floor. Alex was probably the most efficient and pleasant check in person I've seen in a hotel. Didn't use the pool. Excellent access on and off to I 81.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nebo, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

HARD beds, neither person could sleep. Air-conditioner old style, no thermostat--ran all night. Otherwise, clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Denver, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Just your everyday hotel, clean and comfortable. Staff was real friendly and helpful. Breakfast was pretty good, with a variety of foods. Would recomend serving bacon as well as sausage, for those who arent sausage lovers (like me). There seemed to be an issue with the waffle batter or one of the waffle irons working (not sure which was the problem), as many people had to keep remaking waffles since they werent getting done. Pillows at this hotel were litterally half size, which we got a kick laughing about (you know how you get the giggles when youre tired and having checked in at 1:30 am, we WERE!). The ice machine also was broken when we left the next day and needed some to cool some drinks .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!