“Beware bed bugs” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Staunton
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Beware bed bugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We liked the area and the hotel was a little outdated but okay. Until we checked out and on our return home the red bite marks started to appear all over, on my face, neck, hands, shoulders, arms. I'm so creeped out, this is so disgusting, check the beds! We were in room 123, the last on the right side.

Room Tip: Look for bed bugs!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were driving from MA to Florida so we had a,ready been on the road for many hours when we finally stopped for the night. We saw this place listed in a brochure we picked up at the Virginia Information and Rest Area. We decided to give it a go.

The clerk we had was nice enough. We pulled our car to the room we were assigned and walked in. Can we say outdated? Wow...I felt like we went back in time to the 70's. the sheets didn't fit on the bed and the bed spread was so old looking that I pulled it right down. The next thing I noticed was a dead bug on the headboard of the bed (a dead beetle type bug that must be common with the area). I got a Kleenex and threw it out. We were both just tired and literally watched a little bit of tv and went to bed.

The next morning I got up to start getting my things together and I had kicked off my socks in the middle of the night...so when I pulled down the blanket and sheet to get them, I found another beetle bug at the foot of my bed...alive! My friend did the same with her sheets and found a bug too. That's it...we got out of there.

Breakfast was ok...nothing fancy, but when we told the front desk clerk about the bugs she just said...oh (like she hadn't heard that before).

If you do decide to go there for whatever reason (desperation is the word that is coming to me), do yourself a favor and check the beds!

Room Tip: I don't think there is such a thing as a good room here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Floral Park, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were disappointed with the cleanliness of this hotel. I was so concerned that I put the towel over the chair in the room and we were careful not to sit on the bedspread. The staff was friendly but seemed overworked and glad to report that there were only two more available rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place was not so great. It was less expensive than the other hotels, but I think I would have enjoyed my visit more if I had stayed at a nicer place. Room was out dated and mis-matched. I generally feel "ITCHY" ever since I left. Not so good.

And yes, it is conveniently located near a fire department. That should wake you up several times a night.

Room Tip: Just pay more and go elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here for three days and I want to say how pleased I was with our room. It was very quiet and comfortable. In addition, the room was very clean and the hotel was excellently located and near.many fine restaurants.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Westbrook Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Very plan and basic . No clock in room. No toiletries offered. Rugs were shabby . Coffee offered in lobby but nothing else to go with it . Price was less than most motels. But needs some TLC. Was also hard to get extra linens. Had to wait for towels

• Stayed May 2013
fletcher
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The carpet was...well I never took my socks off, even to shower. The tub was chipped and rusting. The bed sheets did not fit the bed so when you pulled back the covers you pulled everything back and exposed the mattress. There was some major cleaning that needed to be done. As for safety when I pulled in at about 3am on Saturday the Parking lot was abuzz. Lots of interesting folks out there, I left nothing in my vehicle, to say the least. This is not the hotel for single ladies, over the hill gang, or families with kids, unless you think this is a cheap nights sleep. It is neither cheap nor a nights sleep. Look around and spend the extra 10 dollars and stay at a real motel. I can't think of one good thing to say about this property except ....YUK

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge East? Share your experiences!