“I there was nothing else available” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Staunton
Floral Park, New York
“I there was nothing else available”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were disappointed with the cleanliness of this hotel. I was so concerned that I put the towel over the chair in the room and we were careful not to sit on the bedspread. The staff was friendly but seemed overworked and glad to report that there were only two more available rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mansfield, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place was not so great. It was less expensive than the other hotels, but I think I would have enjoyed my visit more if I had stayed at a nicer place. Room was out dated and mis-matched. I generally feel "ITCHY" ever since I left. Not so good.

And yes, it is conveniently located near a fire department. That should wake you up several times a night.

Room Tip: Just pay more and go elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here for three days and I want to say how pleased I was with our room. It was very quiet and comfortable. In addition, the room was very clean and the hotel was excellently located and near.many fine restaurants.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Westbrook Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very plan and basic . No clock in room. No toiletries offered. Rugs were shabby . Coffee offered in lobby but nothing else to go with it . Price was less than most motels. But needs some TLC. Was also hard to get extra linens. Had to wait for towels

• Stayed May 2013
fletcher
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The carpet was...well I never took my socks off, even to shower. The tub was chipped and rusting. The bed sheets did not fit the bed so when you pulled back the covers you pulled everything back and exposed the mattress. There was some major cleaning that needed to be done. As for safety when I pulled in at about 3am on Saturday the Parking lot was abuzz. Lots of interesting folks out there, I left nothing in my vehicle, to say the least. This is not the hotel for single ladies, over the hill gang, or families with kids, unless you think this is a cheap nights sleep. It is neither cheap nor a nights sleep. Look around and spend the extra 10 dollars and stay at a real motel. I can't think of one good thing to say about this property except ....YUK

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hudson, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Used my Choice Points (8000) for a free night. The room was on the small side but fine. We needed a starting point for the Blue Ridge Parkway and this was near enough. We would stay here again, although other reviews make me feel we may have been lucky.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Catskills
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our 1 night stay was disappointing.

The good: nice size refrigerator, good tasting water, lots of hot water.
The not so good: Breakfast couldn't be more meager. Bagels & muffins tasted like they'd been
refrozen 10 times. That plus juice and weak coffee was the whole breakfast.

The directions given to get to eating places were very poor. Like they did not drive.
Lovely town with lots of history. We'll return to visit but definetly stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge East? Share your experiences!