“Cold Mountain - Hot Soup !” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Inverness
“Cold Mountain - Hot Soup !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very busy place as you can imagine, especially when the snow is around. Good range of food and reasonable prices.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this Econo Lodge in Staunton VA 10/22/12 for two nights. Not a bad stay for the price. No "HOT" breakfast. But the room was clean and bathroom clean. Despite being on the main drag, it was pretty quite.

Room Tip: I like ground floor rooms so I don't have to lug the luggage upstairs, but you have guest over y...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The best thing I can say about this place is that it is within walking distance to Chili's. The room was not the dirtiest I've been in, but it is close. I know times are hard economically and try to take that into consideration with everything these days, but the towels weren't clean and that's a real deal breaker for me. I didn't pay for this hotel but had "earned" a free night and this was the only class hotel that I had enough points for. In the future I'll pay a few extra bucks for a Comfort Inn or Quality. Had I paid I probably would have turned right around and taken the key back to the front desk & asked for a refund.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Fletcher
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I had to travel last minute due to a death in the family. It was late, and all other hotels off the exit were full. We usually stay in a Choice hotel, either Comfort Inn or Sleep Inn, so we had some faith in the brand. All faith was lost when we checked into our room. It smelled, wasn't clean at all, and we immediately spotted 3 cockroaches crawling on the walls. We were so tired that we stayed in the room, but slept with the lights on and all of our clothes on. DO NOT STAY HERE. It would be more comfortable and safer to sleep in your car.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here for a night while on a family road trip. The room was basic and we did not experience any problems. I did check the beds prior to sleeping in them. The breakfast consisted of some mini muffins, 2 types of cereal, and english muffins.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Absolutely the worst hotel my wife has ever stayed in and the staff just didn't care. Was only option for 2 bed, nonsmoking room within 25 miles of Staunton last night (Sat) due to holiday travel and local events. Sheets not clean, skanky capet, towel rack falling off, nasty stuff on the toilet and tub. The #17 rating of 18 hotels in Staunton is unfortunately unwell deserved-avoid this place!!

Room Tip: "not at this place"
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have never seen a hotel room as filthy as this. The bathroom was never cleaned. When I called the front desk the phone just rang and rang. I immediately walked to the office and the manager was just sitting there, she purposely did not answer the phone. I will never stay at an Econolodge ever.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Econo Lodge East? Share your experiences!