“Top Notch Hampton Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Maryland
“Top Notch Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice during a recent motorcycle trip. Just on the outskirts of town, there isn't much around the hotel except a gas station, a couple of chain restaurants and a half defunct shopping mall.That's not an issue, if you don't mind driving to dinner, etc. Downtown, Staunton is not far and boasts some decent restaurants and tourist attractions. Since I didn't want to get back on the bike again after riding all day, my dinner experiences were limited to Applebees and Red Lobster. Not exactly charming dinning experiences, but adequate for my needs.
However, the hotel itself is a gem. The reception staff is very pleasant and helpful. This property is in very good condition, and everything seems updated. The room was very clean and spacious and the bedding quite comfortable. If you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs, because the walls are thin and other guests tend to think they're the only ones in the building (not the hotel's fault - just an observation on the general lack of consideration by many travelers). When booking the room online, I requested a room away from the elevator and ice machine .Although the receptionist acknowledged my request when I checked in, it turned out that my room was in fact close to the elevator and the ice machine. I didn't want to make a fuss, so I just slept with earplugs.

The hotel includes a breakfast which is decent, if somewhat predictable in selection. Nevertheless, it's good enough to get you started in the morning without having to drive somewhere for breakfast. My only pet peeve is - why don't more hotels provide large capacity toasters? It's ridiculous to try to serve breakfast to dozens of people within a short time period when everyone has to wait for a home size toaster to go through its paces, while everyone else is waiting for their turn.

The price for this Hampton was a bit on the high side, even with a AAA discount, so I would have to consider staying somewhere else, if I were to stay more than a night or two.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a recent trip and it was consistent with other recent experiences with this chain. This property is convenient to I-81 travelers. The room was clean, comfortable, and generally quiet. The staff were friendly and efficient. The breakfasts were typical for a Hampton Inn. If the opportunity presents itself, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wiltshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had been travelling for several days and by now we were getting used to a certain standard for Hampton Inns - and this one was no exception. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and reception called us to check our room was OK - a nice touch. The room was clean and comfortable. We don't give 5s too often but this hotel would have had a 4 1/2 if there was such a rating!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I highly recommend this Hampton. It was a pleasure staying there, great breakfast, friendly folks and an incredibly good nights sleep. We were welcomed from the beginning and greeted to the end. All the staff were lovely. The temperature in the room was just right since we could easily control the setting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

StauntonHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Staunton, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at our property and reviewing us here on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments, and look forward to your return stay. Your thoughts will be passed along to our team to reinforce our commitment to our guests.

Andrew Bailey
Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I normally stay in 5-star hotels, especially for business trips. I am pleased to rank this Hampton Inns as five star, even if they're not officially ranked this way because of their size or location. When the 5-star hotels charge for using WIFI, which has become a life-line in our busy lives, it's so refreshing to enjoy complimentary WIFI at Hampton. I know it's no big deal, but it communicates to me, the guest, that Hampton Inn is more interested in serving me than in making sure every "jot and tittle" is charged so that the hotel makes money. I know hotels must make money, but don't give me the impression that I'm only good for shelling out $$$. Thank you Hampton!

florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel was clean and staff friendly but the price was very high for the area. Would stay again in a pinch. There is not much to tell about the place as it was a highway stop. I would only stay
again if I had to as the price for a Hampton room was high.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at our property while traveling through the Staunton area, and for taking the time to complete a review. Our rates are higher during our peak season, and reflect the demand for rooms at our property. I do hope that you will stay with us in the future should you return to the area.

Best Regards,

Andrew Bailey
El Cajon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a nice place, clean, convenient, with hospitable, friendly staff throughout. Hotel room rates fluctuated three times during a four night stay, which I found annoying and confusing. Lots of parking close to hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!