“Last minute reservation but another wonderful Hampton Inn Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Richmond, VA
“Last minute reservation but another wonderful Hampton Inn Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

On one of the busiest weekends in the Valley, we booked this hotel at the last minute. When we checked in we found out we had booked the last room. We had a King Suite, which seemed a little big for just the 2 of us, but it was wonderful none the less. Everything was clean, tidy, well stocked. Bed extra comfy, they even brought up extra pillows for me. The one downside was that they did not have a Suite Shop with snacks, but only vending machines. Breakfast was wonderful - especially the eggs, which is not something you can usually say about free breakfast buffets, but they were fresh and cheesy with ham - YUM! Not much breakfast seating but considering the hotel was sold out, it wasn't too bad and everyone was very nice and shared well. Lived up to the standards I've come to expect from Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

As you can see from my reviews, I usually like staying at Hampton Inns. Though the price tag here was more than the usuals, possibly because I booked it at 10 pm while I was sleepy driving on I-81. Decent clean property with good breakfast and friendly staff as expected from Hampton Inns.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband & I stayed one night here in August 2012 and I liked it well enough to put writing this review on my "to-do" list. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast tasty in a comfortable eating area, the total hotel commitment to the environment was refreshing and a real plus to me. (bio-degradable plates were great, messages to encourage environmentally friendly life-styles, etc.) The entire facility was very clean, even in the stairwells!

I'm filing their address as a hotel worth a return visit.

Very Happy (Perfectionist) Customer

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at Hampton inn for one night while visiting the skyline drive in Oct 2012. We arrived early by noon....they accommodated us and put us in a very nice room with a king bed sofa sleeper and large flat screen TV.. The bed was comfortable bathroom very clean... We also had a bar in our room with a sink frig and microwave. Pretty nice for 200.00 a night we were very pleased, includes breakfast in the morning too... When we go back to that area that's where we will stay again

Room Tip: King room was roomy
Boston Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed one night 8 October. Front desk agent Amanda was very helpful with local restaurant suggestions. Room was on the large size and up to expectations. Unlike most hotels, I find the Hampton pillows very comfortable. Breakfast bar had plenty of choice and was kept very well stocked and clean. This hotel is close to the interstate for easy on-off, and there are plenty of services nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StauntonHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Staunton, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Staunton. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of your return visit in the near future.

Andrew Bailey
Dickey, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

As a business traveler, I understand you get what you pay for, and this is a good Hampton.
My beef is that the price is usually much higher than those north or south of it when there are no events going on in the surrounding area. That was likely the last time that stay in Staunton Hampton, as Hamptons in Winchester and Harrisonburg are on average $30-$50 less on given weekdays, when taxes and fees are included.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I had our first stay at this Hampton Inn, and we were pleasantly surprised. Virtually all Hampton Inn rooms are clean and spacious with comfortable beds, but this one was simply a step above the usual. The staff were attentive and pleasant, the room was huge, and the breakfast selection was exceptional. It is a pleasure to see the management of a chain hotel go that extra mile to make our stay memorable.

Room Tip: We reserved early and got one of the largest King rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that you found our hotel to be a step-above the norm. We constantly strive to make innovations that our guests can appreciate, and your comments are positive reinforcement that we are making the right decisions. We hope to see you again when traveling through Staunton.

Best Regards,

Andrew Bailey

Been to Hampton Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!