“Standard Hampton hotel. Comfortable, clean above average breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Staunton

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Nashville TN
“Standard Hampton hotel. Comfortable, clean above average breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have stayed here several times and each time found the same thing. Very clean, quiet, friendly front desk staff. Bed is comfortable; good size rooms; decent internet speed.

A couple of negatives though - unlike many Hamptons, this one does not offer rooms with microwave or min-fridges. Since my trips last multiple days, it is something that would be really nice to have.

The other thing; and maybe it's minor; but the chairs at the desks must have been designed for giants, I am six foot tall and I still have to put 2-3 pillows in the chair to get high enough to use the desk. Or maybe the desks are designed for giants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Outer Space
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were going to Swooope for a Polyface Lunatic Farm tour and wanted a nice place to stay for the night since we were getting up early to find the Polyface Farm for our Lunatic tour, we needed a place where we could get a good nights sleep, have a great breakfast and get on the road...

We had been traveling through much of Virginia and found many hotels that were much cheaper some were quite nice for the price, others you get what you pay for... Hampton Inns are always a bit higher than most, but I have never been disappointed... And if your a seasoned traveler you can usually find the coupon books at the rest stops and get a nice discount on a room if your just passing through a town...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were in town for a graduation, found the property clean, quiet, and a friendly staff. Our room was upgraded to a suite, found it very roomy with a fridge and microwave. The HVAC had an option of continious run for the fan, I wish all properties had this available! Breakfast was the usual Hampton spread, fresh, but nothing special. We will stay here in the future when our travels take us this way!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was an odd mix of experiences. On the one hand, we had a beautiful room in a clean, well-run hotel. The hot breakfast was delicious, varied, and began at 6 a.m. which was incredibly convenient for us. The staff were friendly and efficient. Our king-size bed was very comfortable and I got a great night's sleep. Our deluxe king suite was huge with a kitchenette and a little sitting area. Two things would make me hesitate about staying there again. One problem was the price. $225 is a LOT to spend on a room--even a deluxe king room--in Staunton, VA. We were there for a graduation, and I know that prices are higher on graduation weekends, but still--. The second problem was a strange smell in the room. It was a kind of a fishy smell. Since this deluxe room had a tiny kitchen, at first we wondered if someone had prepared stinky food in there. But when the smell didn't dissipate, we realized it was probably either a chemical smell from carpet or upholstery or the odor of cleaning products. We didn't complain to management because we knew the hotel was full up. There would have been no place to move us to. And we were able to stand it, though it was continuously noticeable. Hopefully all the rooms don't have this smell. We were in 221. And try to get a better rate than the AARP "deal" we got. If you can get a good deal and snag a non-stinky room, you'll have a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed two separate times within a week. The first was less than excellent. We had the same experience with others as the lobby was under renovation and things seemed kind of messy. We didn't get the room type we expected when we checked in and when my husband went back to get it taken care of he had to search for the desk clerk. We were accommodated and moved to a different room.

The second experience was after the renovations were complete and it was excellent. The service at all times of day was great and our room was as we requested. The breakfast each time was up to expectations, even when renovations were in progress. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

We will definitely stay here again when we are in Staunton.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on a higher floor to avoid the noise associated with the lower floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Interlaken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stop here each year as we travel to Florida or when we are on our way to visit our children in the Carolinas. It is always neat and clean with an excellent breakfast buffet. The staff is friendly and always welcome us back. I especially like the clean rooms and well kept bathrooms. Handicapped rooms are available and are well designed. (needed one this year hopefully won't in the future.)

Room Tip: I find making a reservation ahead of time expedient.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Yes, the lobby was still under renovation (supposed to be finished soon), but the work around for breakfast in one of the meeting rooms was fine. The food spread was decent My king room was clean and comfortable for my two night stay

I showed up at the same time as another guest and, like other reviewers, we couldn't find anybody working the front desk. We called and whistled and finally two people came out from the back. Once there, they were quick and helpful. The only other problem was that they only programmed my key for one night so I had to come back down from the 3rd floor after returning night 2, but if that's my biggest problem on any trip, I'll take it.

And my corporate rate was around $90. Yes, i will stay here again if business brings me this way.

Stayed April 2012

Been to Hampton Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!