“Locked out of room every other day” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center

You added Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 Fairway Lane & Country Club Rd, I-81, Exit 225, Rt 275W, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Holiday Inn-Golf & Conf Center Staunton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Locked out of room every other day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was booked to stay for a week on business. After two nights the key would not work in the hotel's door. Went to the desk and of course they blamed me for foolishly having a cell phone. They reprogrammed the keys and they still would not work. They programmed them again and then escorted me to the room to make sure I knew how to work the door. Probably because I look like an imbecile. Next day the same thing, key does not work. I am coming back from work everyday carrying my stuff and supper to eat before going to bed. My room is as far away from the front desk as you can get without being outside the hotel. I get to the room and I can't get in. I have to retrace my steps, with all my stuff and ask them to redo my key. They still blame me. Two days later the same thing. Now by this time I am not even putting the key in my pocket. I leave it in the car all day, now where near my cell phone. This time when I ask why the key keeps going out they tell me it is for security. So in there minds it is okay to inconvenience a paying guest and then lie to them about it for a few days just in case someone drops a key somewhere. The good news is that I get to choose where I say when i come to town. I am certain there are other places in town where I can stay. Perhaps they can program a key to last for the whole 5 days. And the room smells like cigarettes.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I'm not even sure where to start, upon check in Lisa at the front desk was very rude and acted like I was bothering her the whole time I was trying to check in,just a hour early(which took forever!!). The pool was cold and also had purple around the inside where you can see other guests footsteps imprinted to whatever that stuff is, at that point I made my children get out of the pool because it did not seem safe to swim in. The out side part of the pool when i walked around just to check it out looked like it hadn't been cleaned or touched in god knows how long. Our room wasn't really all that clean to put it nicely, the sheets had black hairs on them! ew! and worst of all there was a COCKROACH in the bathroom!!!!!! Which means there's more of them where that one came from. When I brought this to the front desk attention she was very rude (again) and acted like there wasn't a issue and was on the defensive. I am just so disappointed that a Holiday Inn that Lisa said that was just remolded could look like this.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Macomb, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stay in hotels for 4 weeks out of every 6, and I know what to expect (and not expect) from hotels that participate in corporate travel...but this hotel exceeded my expectations. Nice clean quiet rooms, a full restaurant with a varied menu at decent prices, and friendly knowledgeable staff who 'go the extra mile'. I've been here a little over a week and will be sorry to check out! Today (Sunday), the dining room was busy with only one server, but you'd never had noticed. Esther had it all under control: impressive for her second week on the job! Good staff make or break a lodging, and the Holiday Inn Staunton staff make all the difference.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms do not face the nearby expressway
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked a room here because Staunton is a halfway point in my travels and it was pet friendly. The staff was professional and friendly and the room was nicely appointed and most importantly clean and quiet. There is a restaurant and bar on the premises which was very convenient after the drive. I would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our room was large, had a king sized bed and the room was immaculate! It was our first visit to a pet friendly hotel and I must admit I was kind of skeptical about renting a pet friendly room as I had ideas of smells and fleas etc. What a pleasant surprise at your establishment. Even a non pet owner would be able to stay in one of your pet friendly rooms.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida on January 2nd 2015 with my wife, 92 year old mother-in-law and our miniature poodle. This was my first time driving to Florida and found this hotel very convenient. It was a little confusing at first as the entrance was missed off the road on the first pass by. The staff was very attentive and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable and the dining was unsurpassed. I have not had such an excellent steak in a long time. The breakfast was great as well. Will definitely stay again when we go to Florida in the fall.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Bennington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived in Staunton in a significant snow storm and was fortunate to find the Holiday Inn as I was unable to travel any further. It was the only motel/hotel in the area that had its entrance plowed. The lady at the front desk was emphatic to my phlight and extremely helpful. I was so relieved that there was a restaurant on the premises. The room was nicely decorated and the beds very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center? Share your experiences!