“Always clean great service and restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center

You added Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 Fairway Lane & Country Club Rd, I-81, Exit 225, Rt 275W, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Holiday Inn-Golf & Conf Center Staunton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Aberdeen, North Carolina, United States
“Always clean great service and restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

Since 2006 I've stayed at this Holiday Inn on my trip to and from PA. Consistently clean, good service and GREAT food and room service. Can't say enough about this place! My only complaint iskids running up-down halls but sadly this goes on in all hotels.

Room Tip: For all hotels - be nice to give adults with no kids on floors that don't have children. Most ki...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

We checked in and the front desk staff were amazing and very accommodating, especially Gretchen! Once we got settled in we decided to go down to the restaurant for some dinner and a drink or two. When we got there it was kinda busy and there were only two staff members working. I was a little concerned about the service since it appeared they were under staffed, BOY WAS I WRONG. Richard and Cheyenne did an amazing job working together and making sure every customer was taken care of promptly. The food did take a while to get to us (20+ minutes) but it was very good and our drinks (Perfect Manhattan and Cosmo) were excellent. Overall a great time. Room could use a little updating as the carpet was peeling back from the wall a little and the bed was too hard for my liking. The area surrounding the hotel doesn't have much around it so you feel a little isolated but for our needs it was just right.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

I went to the Holiday Inn in Staunton VA for a New Year's party and had a great time. We got rooms so that we would have no worries after visiting the bar. They had a live band and the other people there were nice and I believe that everyone had a great time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Glenside, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2014

Very nice accomodations large rooms, nice exercise room and very pleasant staff. If your looking for breakfast, you pay extra, but the price reflects the lack of breakfast. Close to I 81 so easy on and off when traveling.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, December 14, 2014
Dear davahey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you found comfort in our room and even enjoyed our workout facilities.

On the other hand, As for the breakfast, we strive to provide a competitive rate in the area. It is not our intent to inconvenient our guests instead provide rate options that make sense. Nevertheless, I have taken note of your comments and forwarded them to our hotel management to consider when making future pricing strategies

I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to Staunton, VA!

Glenn M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

Upon checking in, I was sent to an un cleaned room, but I picked up the phone and the manager beat me to another room just down the hall. He presented me with a fresh room, a complimentary breakfast card and perhaps some room credit. (I haven't checked out yet.) The room is clean, well appointed and the bed is comfy with great pillows. The room has a microwave, mini frige, large flat screen TV, desk and free wi-fi. There is ice and a guest laundry on the third floor, which is pet friendly with a large walk-out green space behind. ( Walk out on the third floor due to property built on a hillside. ) The hotel has a golf course along side it too. Nice staff, well lit parking, good place to stay.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, go for third floor near the back entrance. You may see other pets who are happy t...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

Stayed here a Friday night. Very quiete. Hotel is just off the highway, and our room faced the golf course and as such had a lovely view. Nicely appointed rooms, with good size mini-fridge and microwave. Hotel has a dining room/bar/lounge, which is relatively unusual in hotels these days, Breakfast is not included in room price. For supper, I ordered chicken strips and chips, my husband had fish and chips. Chicken was hot, moist, crispy but very bland. Chips are NOT fries but flat chips! Not award winning, but satisfying. One complaint would be that the bath/shower unit did not drain fast enough and persons showering are left standing in ankle deep water (Room 511) - which I HATE!. I did not go fishing around in the drain to see what was blocking it, but will mention it to front desk when I check out.

Room Tip: With the exception of the bath not draining, I do not have anything adverse to note with this hotel...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Blossvale, NY, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Passing through via Rt. 81. When seated in restaurant, a waitress eventually appeared and took my wine order from list. After much confusion and searching for zinfandel, and unable to find, I left without dinner. At 5:00 a.m. when I entered bathroom, a roach fell from ceiling onto my head. I killed it and presented it at checkout, mgr. said she would deduct $25. (from a $200. room, an insult!). Upon return home and reviewing final statement, found mgr. had ADDED $25., requiring me to phone facility to correct this incompetence. On my next visit south, I will bypass Staunton.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Dear Barry L,
First and foremost please allow me to apologize for your stay experience. And also for our accounting error that only added to an already upsetting set of circumstances to you, our valued guest. I am so very sorry that we did not make you feel satisfied with your stay and in our attempt to correct we inadvertently made it worse.
I can assure you we are taking extra measure with our staff to prevent these incidents from pest to check out and how frustrating it can feel for the guest. Please reach out to me at the hotel so that I may discuss your personal experience and what we could have done to make your stay. My contact info is sean@hisva.com or 540-248-6020.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Sean A. Taylor

Been to Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center? Share your experiences!