“Comfortable Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center

You added Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 Fairway Lane & Country Club Rd, I-81, Exit 225, Rt 275W, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Holiday Inn-Golf & Conf Center Staunton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Comfortable Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Upon checking in, I was sent to an un cleaned room, but I picked up the phone and the manager beat me to another room just down the hall. He presented me with a fresh room, a complimentary breakfast card and perhaps some room credit. (I haven't checked out yet.) The room is clean, well appointed and the bed is comfy with great pillows. The room has a microwave, mini frige, large flat screen TV, desk and free wi-fi. There is ice and a guest laundry on the third floor, which is pet friendly with a large walk-out green space behind. ( Walk out on the third floor due to property built on a hillside. ) The hotel has a golf course along side it too. Nice staff, well lit parking, good place to stay.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, go for third floor near the back entrance. You may see other pets who are happy t...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here a Friday night. Very quiete. Hotel is just off the highway, and our room faced the golf course and as such had a lovely view. Nicely appointed rooms, with good size mini-fridge and microwave. Hotel has a dining room/bar/lounge, which is relatively unusual in hotels these days, Breakfast is not included in room price. For supper, I ordered chicken strips and chips, my husband had fish and chips. Chicken was hot, moist, crispy but very bland. Chips are NOT fries but flat chips! Not award winning, but satisfying. One complaint would be that the bath/shower unit did not drain fast enough and persons showering are left standing in ankle deep water (Room 511) - which I HATE!. I did not go fishing around in the drain to see what was blocking it, but will mention it to front desk when I check out.

Room Tip: With the exception of the bath not draining, I do not have anything adverse to note with this hotel...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Blossvale, NY, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Passing through via Rt. 81. When seated in restaurant, a waitress eventually appeared and took my wine order from list. After much confusion and searching for zinfandel, and unable to find, I left without dinner. At 5:00 a.m. when I entered bathroom, a roach fell from ceiling onto my head. I killed it and presented it at checkout, mgr. said she would deduct $25. (from a $200. room, an insult!). Upon return home and reviewing final statement, found mgr. had ADDED $25., requiring me to phone facility to correct this incompetence. On my next visit south, I will bypass Staunton.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Barry L,
First and foremost please allow me to apologize for your stay experience. And also for our accounting error that only added to an already upsetting set of circumstances to you, our valued guest. I am so very sorry that we did not make you feel satisfied with your stay and in our attempt to correct we inadvertently made it worse.
I can assure you we are taking extra measure with our staff to prevent these incidents from pest to check out and how frustrating it can feel for the guest. Please reach out to me at the hotel so that I may discuss your personal experience and what we could have done to make your stay. My contact info is sean@hisva.com or 540-248-6020.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Sean A. Taylor
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a conference centre hotel. Rooms are good, clean and spacious if underlit. Rates are good and there is a golf course attached. The restaurant however needs work. Dull brown and cream decor with zero atmosphere. Food is very limited-burger,steak,salmon. Needs coat of paint. Staff very friendly helps but menu could be more varied. Overall good bang for your buck

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Fishersville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

There for a class reunion. Hotel has recently been renovated and very nicely done. The staff was friendly and pleasant. All the questions I asked, the front desk could answer. That is customer service! Rooms were very clean and spacious. Conveniently located near I81 and the golf course at the Club at Ironwood. Enjoyed sitting by the outside pool and checking out the golfers.

Swindon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

When we arrived the welcome was non existent, we waited ages to check in, no apologies. Asked for coffee, none available, why do they not offer it complimentary like other Holiday Inn's? God there was a terrible smell in the room, and we had booked 2 nights!! This place needs a good shake up, refurbishment, staff training, no cups for coffee maker in the room. The wi- fi is terrible, worst I have come across for a long time. This place needs a visit from their head office, they would be ashamed how poor the standards are. I would call it a white elephant, it doesn't have anything going for it. No restaurants nearby either.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the highway, there is no double glazing, you can hear every car, lorry, moto...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Dear 78Mike_S953,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel over the Labor Day weekend. The hotel itself is on the far outskirts of Staunton adjacent to I-81. It is an older hotel (think popcorn ceilings) that has been renovated in some places such as the lobby and the hallways, but the rooms need some serious updating. We asked for and were able to get a room that overlooked the golf course and not the interstate, which was a nice start since the hotel was clearly fairly full the first evening. Unfortunately the room we stayed in was quite old with a permanent musty smell. The carpeting was gross, damp, and dirty (a wet white washcloth rubbed across it came back black) and badly needed replacing. The doors to the hall and the bathroom were peeling, with large cracks, and also in need of replacement. On the plus side the beds were reasonably comfortable and the linens appeared to be as clean as would be expected. We did not try the restaurant so I cannot comment on its quality. The indoor/outdoor pool was ok, but the water was a bit on the murky side due to some recent rains.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Blacksburg_traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to providing comfortable and clean beds. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize if some aspects of our rooms, lobby and pool facility fell below your standards. I have taken your comments into serious account and I am confident that actions will be taken accordingly to improve on these areas.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts about our hotel and I hope you give us another chance to serve you again.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center? Share your experiences!