“Good value for accommodation but....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 Fairway Lane & Country Club Rd, I-81, Exit 225, Rt 275W, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Holiday Inn-Golf & Conf Center Staunton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Dublin, Ireland
“Good value for accommodation but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a conference centre hotel. Rooms are good, clean and spacious if underlit. Rates are good and there is a golf course attached. The restaurant however needs work. Dull brown and cream decor with zero atmosphere. Food is very limited-burger,steak,salmon. Needs coat of paint. Staff very friendly helps but menu could be more varied. Overall good bang for your buck

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fishersville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There for a class reunion. Hotel has recently been renovated and very nicely done. The staff was friendly and pleasant. All the questions I asked, the front desk could answer. That is customer service! Rooms were very clean and spacious. Conveniently located near I81 and the golf course at the Club at Ironwood. Enjoyed sitting by the outside pool and checking out the golfers.

Swindon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

When we arrived the welcome was non existent, we waited ages to check in, no apologies. Asked for coffee, none available, why do they not offer it complimentary like other Holiday Inn's? God there was a terrible smell in the room, and we had booked 2 nights!! This place needs a good shake up, refurbishment, staff training, no cups for coffee maker in the room. The wi- fi is terrible, worst I have come across for a long time. This place needs a visit from their head office, they would be ashamed how poor the standards are. I would call it a white elephant, it doesn't have anything going for it. No restaurants nearby either.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the highway, there is no double glazing, you can hear every car, lorry, moto...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear 78Mike_S953,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel over the Labor Day weekend. The hotel itself is on the far outskirts of Staunton adjacent to I-81. It is an older hotel (think popcorn ceilings) that has been renovated in some places such as the lobby and the hallways, but the rooms need some serious updating. We asked for and were able to get a room that overlooked the golf course and not the interstate, which was a nice start since the hotel was clearly fairly full the first evening. Unfortunately the room we stayed in was quite old with a permanent musty smell. The carpeting was gross, damp, and dirty (a wet white washcloth rubbed across it came back black) and badly needed replacing. The doors to the hall and the bathroom were peeling, with large cracks, and also in need of replacement. On the plus side the beds were reasonably comfortable and the linens appeared to be as clean as would be expected. We did not try the restaurant so I cannot comment on its quality. The indoor/outdoor pool was ok, but the water was a bit on the murky side due to some recent rains.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Blacksburg_traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to providing comfortable and clean beds. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize if some aspects of our rooms, lobby and pool facility fell below your standards. I have taken your comments into serious account and I am confident that actions will be taken accordingly to improve on these areas.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts about our hotel and I hope you give us another chance to serve you again.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel b/c of the indoor pool. Pool is indoor/outdoor which is nice. Hotel was clean, quite & the staff were pleasant. In house restaurant is a plus & the food was great. Room service is available. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
West New York, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed at the HI Staunton Conference Center 152 Fairway Lane Staunton , Virginia 24401 this past weekend for the Spartan Race. The experience was very pleasant and accommodating. The room was clean with a small mishap but it was taken care of. The employees are very friendly and helpful. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate and I couldn't enjoy the inviting outside pool. The breakfast was fine and the servers are friendly. The guests seemed relaxed around the hotel even hanging around talking. I also noticed they were plenty of people staying there for the Spartan Race at Wintergreen Resort.

I brought my dog and I felt he was welcomed as well, great dog relief area outside (would of like to be told however that the relief area was on the third floor at the back of the hotel) I did not need to go downstairs through the lobby and up the hill in the back for a bigger area and the garbage.

Sean was very responsive to my concerns prior to my arrival and was in touch with me via e-mails and even offered his cell phone if they were any issues.

I would stay in this hotel again whether for another Spartan Race, Road trip with a few days stay or even a visit to Wintergreen Resort since it takes about 30mins to get there. I would recommend this Holiday Inn for those who would be in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

This is a very well designed hotel,very modern decor with sizable rooms and accommodations. The restaurant was priced fair for breakfast, and possibly the best prepared breakfast I ever had in a hotel restaurant. Overall price was fair value when compared to the quality of accommodations

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center? Share your experiences!