“Nice Night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center

You added Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 Fairway Lane & Country Club Rd, I-81, Exit 225, Rt 275W, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Holiday Inn-Golf & Conf Center Staunton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Staunton
“Nice Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Traveling with a dog makes life a little more difficult on the road. We stopped at this Holiday Inn directly off the highway because of their pet policy. The hotel is ok. The staff were all exceptionally pleasant and professional. The rooms are nicely decorated and although clean, the sheets could be less worn. It was nice to have a delicious breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Dinner was only so, so but friendly service and lots of tv's to watch college football.
The floor for pets is convenient as there is an easy access to the back of the hotel and an area to walk the dogs. My concern was that the outside door did not lock most of the time. For safety reasons, there should be better security with that door.

Stayed December 2013
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Hrvnyc,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel! Hearing such great feedback on our staff and on the things we are doing right is so very rewarding to hear! And we are so glad you took advantage of our pet friendly policy and pet friendly areas as well! We do understand that for so many, pets are another family member and we value our four legged guests too! Thanks for shedding light on the problems with our back entrance door. Maintenance has corrected the issue and our back entrance is secure once again!

Marisa
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Suches Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I had an unexpected long weekend in Staunton. I booked a hotel on Priceline and got the Holiday Inn for a good price.

This is a nice hotel that lacks local conveniences. Nothing aside from the tennis and golf course next door is within walking distance.

It is on I81 and "the by pass" and practically everything in Staunton is within 10 minutes drive.

The rooms are large, clean, modern and quiet. We were on the interstate side of the hotel. Although the hotel is on the interstate, the white noise from the a/c fan adequately hides the truck noise.

The hotel staff are exceptional and very attentive.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnStaunton, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Sucheslife,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are extremely proud of our newly appointed rooms and especially proud of our outstanding staff! And while we are off the beaten path to Staunton, you are indeed correct that everything is just 10 or so minutes away! We do offer a quieter more serene setting than other places and hope our guests agree! We hope you visit Staunton and our hotel again and look forward to seeing you soon!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here using reward points. Only 20,000 points for one night.

Property is near I-81 and I-64, but set back far enough where noise is not an issue. Guests have privileges at the adjacent golf course, but I did not take advantage of that.

I am no longer elite with Holiday Inn, so I wasn't expecting much for a points reward room. I was genuinely surprised to discover that I had been given an absolutely huge room. King size bed, nice work area, with a large sitting area including couch, TV and chair. The entire room, with bathroom included, was easily in excess of 750 square feet.

Nice staff members, friendly welcome. My rate included 10% off at their restaurant, but my timing wasn't a match.

This is a definite "stay again" place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your great feedback! Thank you for redeeming your Award Night at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed one of our King Executive rooms. We are very happy you enjoyed your visit with us!

We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Staunton,
Providence, Rhode Island, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

It was nice to stay in a hotel, while traveling, where there was actually a view from the room. Right out on to the golf course. This was a welcomed change. The hotel restaurant wasn't anything special, but it was awfully nice not to have to go out somewhere. I had 3 sliders, which were good with blue cheese. And the service was friendly. The breakfast voucher was excellent. Small fitness room.

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the golf course.
Dear hijeanie,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. I am so glad that you found us to be a good value and are so happy you enjoyed your visit with us.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on a motorcycle trip. The hotel is very attractive, exceptionally clean, and the staff is superb. Actually, I cannot say enough about the staff; they really make the hotel a great experience. The room was very large with modern furniture and a large television. The bed was comfortable, which cannot be said for many hotel beds. The hotel has every amenity that you would expect for this level hotel. The hotel breakfast was a great way to start the day. This is a must do if you stay overnight in Staunton.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the “Fantastic Review”! Your kind comments mean so much to us, especially the recognition of our wonderful staff! And we are so pleased that you enjoyed our new updated furnishings and found every amenity you needed. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip through Staunton!

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I used my Priority Club to book this location knowing it is just off I81. The front desk people, especially a lady named Betsy were super. Check in was a breeze and we were in our room in nothing flat. Although we were only there for one night we wanted to see what Staunton was about and Betsy furnished us great info.
The hotel has a very nice restaurant that is reasonably priced with very good food. The service is super, again the people make the difference.
We stayed there on our way up to NY, and again on the trip back. There was no change in the people we dealt with, all very professional and most of all, friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel and regarding Betsy. We are very lucky to have her on our team! It is an honor when a guest takes the time to recognize one of our team member's efforts by name. Your review will be shared with our entire team. We hope that you will come back and see us (and Betsy!) again soon.

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Location: It is right along I-81, which is great for access, but can be noisy. Our assigned room was on the 6th floor facing east towards the NP, but too cloudy to see anything in the distance. Also, it faced I-81 and you could hear the traffic on I-81. There is a Golf course on the west side of the hotel, which would likely be quieter.

Building and amenities: I got a feeling the building was getting old, but still fairly-well maintained. The only noticeable thing was the groaning elevator. There is ample parking, a bar/breakfast restaurant and several meeting rooms. There was wedding reception the evening we stayed.

Staff: The check-in desk clerk was Bekah--very friendly and helpful. Upon my asking, she recommended Mill Street Grill in downtown Staunton, for dinner. It is 10-15 min into downtown Staunton. The check-put clerk also very friendly and efficient.

Guest Room: The room was of sufficient size and comfortable. It had a very small bathroom, but the granite was a very nice touch

Food: I added breakfast to our room upon booking. The regular price is $7.99 pp. It is a buffet that was very basic American breakfast, nothing special. Gratuity was not included in the pre-booking price.

Room Tip: Perhaps the side away from the Interstate is quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us your review! I appreciate your candid feedback about our hotel. We are continually looking for ways we can improve our Guest’s experiences at our hotel.

Thank you for recognizing Bekah in your review. We are very lucky to have her on our team! It is an honor when a guest takes the time to recognize one of our team member's efforts by name. Your review will be shared with our entire team. We hope that you will come back and see us (and Bekah!) again soon.