“A hotel that really understands customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 Fairway Lane & Country Club Rd, I-81, Exit 225, Rt 275W, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Holiday Inn-Golf & Conf Center Staunton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Staunton
Hampton Roads, VA
“A hotel that really understands customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel a few minutes past 3 PM (the advertised check-in time), we were told the room wasn't quite ready - and because of that, they reduced the rate of our room (their offer - and very much appreciated). The staff really went out of the way to show that they understand the fine art of customer service (from the front desk person to the staff in the restaurant to the housekeeping staff) - making us feel truly valued.

The decor was up to date and the property was clean and well maintained. We brought our dog and were on the floor with many other pet owners - but I did not hear barking or anything (sound proofing is obviously well done).

The breakfast wasn't great, but it was filling and the staff in the restaurant were more than accommodating.

This hotel is very convenient to the interstate and not too far from downtown Staunton (about 10 minutes or so).

We would definitely stay at this property again. Way to go, Holiday Inn Staunton!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Greenfield Center, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on two seperate nights. Once on 9/28 and again on 10/5. The first night we had to pay $142.00 and the second night $237.00. After we got home, I checked pricing and the rates were advertised as $103.00 and $129.00. We were told that the rates were higher because of college weekend the first night and a British car group the second night. Believe me, the hotel was not full. Contacting the corporate website was no help. They said that the hotels are independently owned and management sets their own rates. We will never stay at this or any Holiday Inn again. My advise, keep on driving and stay at another hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Bob I,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the pricing structure of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stay at this hotel 1-2 times a month overnight on business. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The restaurant food and service are better than you might would think from a hotel restaurant. I haven't used the rec center or pool so I can't comment on those. Overall, a very pleasant experience, and I will continue to stay here for my overnight business travel.

Room Tip: Recommend rooms on high floors with golf course views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. During my stay there was little gratitude for me giving this establishment my business. If there was a way to be granted a refund I would pursue it. I booked this hotel through Priceline.com and purchased a room with a "king bed" at Priceline's rate. When I arrived there was a neanderthal dressed in a suit behind the counter who had no clue about anything customer service. He was down right rude and insulted my intelligence. He should be fired immediately or retrained. When I was checking in he said I would be placed in a room with two twin beds. I said that is not what I booked, he said "you booked through Priceline, take it up with them." I went onto explain that I purchased a certain room through Priceline and paid for it through them, and there was likely no way I could get an individual on the phone in a timely manner. I went onto explain that I had a hungry and tired 1 year old in the car.. His response was take it or leave, that I booked through Priceline and there was nothing he could do. I said well you can move us into a room with at least a queen. He said no can do, " we are sold out for the night." I went onto advise him that I had booked this reservation in advance so that is not an excuse. Immediately I knew it was a blatant lie as their parking lot wasn't even a quarter of the way full. So he should of said to me, "You booked through Priceline and paid at discount, we don't care what you purchased and we are going to save our good rooms for customers that book with us directly." That would of been more honest. But I do like that they tried to sell me some Holiday Inn loyalty or membership before I even attempted to check in.. So since I wasn't buying and booked through Priceline the customer service ended there. I had to except the room as we were in Virginia, and the next exit miles away with my son crying in the backseat. We arrived in the room and it was two full size beds, with barely enough room to set up my son's pack and play. This was our first vacation as a family on our way to NC Outer Banks and it started with my wife and I sleeping Ricky and Lucy style! Thanks Holiday INN Staunton! I wish it ended there, but it doesn't. We decided to go for a swim in what was advertised at the time as having an indoor and outdoor pool... No, its one pool that is half indoor and half outdoor. So pretty chilly, and we were disappointed. Some more crafty deception there. I wish it ended there, but it doesn't. I understand this was a pet friendly hotel, but there were two dogs barking very loudly (these had to be big dogs) for well over an hour. There were several complaints, and I walked to the front desk personally twice to complain. I ran into several people on my same floor that was walking down to complain as well. So my sleepy son couldn't while the dogs barked uncontrollably for an hour and half and the hotel staff did nothing about it. During this ordeal a woman and her daughter demanded another room on another floor. They must of bought the Holiday Inn loyalty package from the neanderthal or booked directly through the hotel because they were moved. Wait, I thought there was no room at the Inn!?! I was a few feet away and yelled thought you were sold out, and the gentleman looked away quickly. In the morning, bright and early due to my son being awake I looked outside to see the parking lot maybe half full, so the lie they had no additional rooms became very apparent. I do not know what this gentleman's problem was that evening, but he made my family pay for it. We awoke to our bill under the front door, and they had charged an additional pet fee. By this time I had enough with the Holiday Inn Staunton and went to the front desk and explained to the lady that the pack in play for was a human last night and not a animal. They had already charged my card for the amount and assured it would be credited.

This hotel is not worthy of its star rating any way. I was not impressed even without the room booking situation. There customer service is non existent. Steer clear. My stay was on 06/07/2013 if hotel management cares to retrain this idiot...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Brandon D,

Thank you for your candid review. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your visit at our hotel and that we failed to provide the level of service you deserved. I could use a more information to properly to address the issues. Would please contact me at the hotel 540-248-6020 or call the hotel for my email if you prefer email communication.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Sean Taylor
Falls Church, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Holiday Inn Conference Center is a lovely and wonderful place to stay. The staff are efficient, cheerful and effective. When I had a problem with my room that required a change near midnight, it was accomplished within five minutes. Moreover, the hotel was very quiet. The view from my room facing the golf course was stunning at sunset. It almost looked like a painting. You could actually move the shower-head and position it correctly for you. The place was spanking clean and had a warm feeling. Access to the historic downtown section of the city was easy; and Staunton is not your typical little southern town. It really has a lot to offer. I was very, very pleased with my stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course. The other side of rooms face I-81. While well-insulated, th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Typical holiday in. Freshly renovated rooms are very nice and very clean. Very close access to route 81 S. Staff was very friendly and facility was clean. Access to the highway was a plus for us traveling south. I would recommend this as a place for the traveler to spend the night when traveling south on route 81

• Stayed August 2013
Syracuse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Newly renovated, clean, comfortable, and very conveniently located just off I-81. A short 10 minute drive to Staunton. The rooms, service and view all make for an enjoyable stay. Very close to a golf course should you have the time and the front desk can arrange for you to play.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view....you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center? Share your experiences!