We stayed at this hotel for one night during the aftermath of the windstorm of Friday June 29, 2012 that tore up so much of the Eastern Seaboard. Yes the hotel is undergoing a refurb. Yes the pool is filled with construction debris and the main entrance was blocked by yellow tape and junk...
However, they had power, food and beds to sleep in. The room rate was $89 a night, and despite having had power back for only two hours when we arrived, the staff was courteous, helpful, and efficient. Especially (we could see) caring to people who lived nearby who had no power, including a couple with a newborn baby, a hearing impaired group, and travelers such as ourselves.
The rooms were large, the A/C worked very well (considering the daytime temps were nearing 100 F it was needed), and the rooms were clean. We had two rooms – one with king bed and one with two queen size beds – and they fit us quite well. The larger room had a mini-fridge and microwave which we did use.
We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant and breakfast there too, using the morning buffet. The food was good, the service adequate (they were short staffed) but we had no complaints.
We found that the workers had no power at their homes yet were all hard at work making our stay as enjoyable as possible.
We’d wished the pool was usable, but considering we might have had to sleep our car, we dealt with it!
Huge kudos to the staff in hanging in there during the power loss and construction.
The building could use a good cleaning, but the hallways and carpets seemed to be clean, but the icemaker on 5 was leaking and non-operating and the carpet near that was squishy.
Putting more obvious signage to the property is a MUST until new signs are installed as it was hard to find after leaving I-81.
The property will be a great one once more when the construction is finished. But the jumble of stuff at the front of the buildign was and is a mess and was off-putting. But inside it all worked.
If I was the manager I'd:
1) Give the staff a pat of the back (and bonuses) for all the mess and muddling thru.
2) I'd stand on the construction manager's neck and force a cleanup. Get rid of the junk!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn-Golf And Conf Center Staunton
- Holiday Inn-Golf & Conf Center Staunton Hotel Staunton
- Holiday Inn Staunton
- Staunton Holiday Inn