“Great Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center

You added Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 Fairway Lane & Country Club Rd, I-81, Exit 225, Rt 275W, Staunton, VA 24401 (Formerly Holiday Inn-Golf & Conf Center Staunton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Midlothian, Virginia
“Great Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here recently during a work trip. Staff was very friendly. No room service or lunch on premises, so that was disappointing. Construction was going on, but it didn't affect the ambiance. Internet was super fast. There were what appeared to be coffee stains on one of my body towels and rust in my trash can...I didn't report it because I didn't feel that it was something to bother the desk with, as I was rarely in the room. Have stayed at many Holiday Inns, Marriott's and Hiltons for work, so I hold hotels to very high standards. Other than the three minor issues, this was a great deal for the price I paid.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
NOVA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

While this hotel is undergoing renovations, the staff do everything they can to make your stay comfortable. We stayed there for a military academy reunion so they were pretty busy but took care of everyone well. Keeping things going smoothly in a hotel requires everyone work together. To do it well with a hotel under renovation is even tougher but this place has great people. And it is a pet friendly hotel! Nice grounds to walk your pup and they provide those special bags you need for your pooch!

Room Tip: request one of the few rooms with a balcony! wish I had known they had them!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Salem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We fled another hotel after a horrible night and found this Holiday Inn for less and the accommodations were far superior. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and since we had a hold on our card from the previous hotel that hadn't cleared we opted to pay in cash which was no problem. (This is an issue at many places in the area). After reading some of the reviews, I gather that a lot of people stayed during the height of the renovation phase. We saw only minimal evidence of the renovation. Most had been completed on our floor (4th). The newly renovated rooms were nicely decorated and clean. The beds were very comfy and each bed had four pillows. The heating and air unit was new and worked well. The bathrooms were refurbished. The bathroom is on the smaller side but plenty of space for one to maneuver. There were two movie channels and plenty of other cable channels to choose from on the 42" flat screen tv. A chair with an ottoman is by the window and made relaxing with my book so much nicer than trying to sit up in the bed. We were on the I-81 side of the hotel and I never heard the traffic. Even standing right at the window you could not hear any traffic. A cup-at-a-time coffemaker is on the vanity. There was a new steam iron and ironing board. The only item I really missed was a refrigerator but it wasn't an absolute necessity and, afterall, I had asked for a basic double so no complaints here. Mulligans pub is just off the lobby so having an after dinner drink and not having to worry about who's driving was nice. The bartender was very good. They also have a very nice indoor pool. The ONLY negative I have tell is the housekeeper started trying to enter the room at 7:30AM and check-out wasn't until noon. There wasn't a "Do Not Disturb" sign so we had to tell them on 6 occasions that we were not ready to leave and we left at 11:00AM! With our own do not disturb sign in hand--we will stay there again! Very nice place.

Room Tip: One side is I-81, looking past the interstate you have beautiful rolling hill views. There are farm...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

i was surprised to find a hoilday inn at an exit with nothing else...huge parking lot with plenty of truck parking..people was very freindly...price was great $70.00...room was big..bed was super comfy..top floor has been recently remodeled,new carpet in room still had old furnishings,paint work wasnt all that good...much construction going on outside lots of (stuff ) piled around....remodel job was not a professional job but could have been worse...bathroom was clean but room itself could have been better..went to lounge ordered the special,pork loin,homemade mashed potatoes and brocolli..it was spectacular and cost $6.99 before 10% discount...real deal on the food...beer was $4.00 no deal on that...all in all the food was great the price was great and the bed was great...but it wasnt as nice as I expected for a Holiday Inn but for the price and great people I would stay there again...

Room Tip: top floor nice and quiet...great food and good company in teh lounge..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The only working restraunt in the hotel did not open until 5 pm and closed at 930 pm. The building is still under construction but no one is currently working on it. When we looked out our window there were piles of trash and debris. There is a large high def tv in the room but the picture quality is absolutely horrible on every channel. There is a sliding glass door for a window , that does not lock. The ice machine dis not work, ceiling tiles were missing and exposed poorly taped random wires were hanging down . Which was nice considering the half inch puddle under your feet when you notice. The beds were old offbrand mattresses that smelled horrible. There were stains on the walls , which was disgusting. Especially the ones that appeared to be blood stains above the trash can in the bathroom. I don't even want to know. I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of other things because of how angry I am over our stay. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stepped foot into. Stay away stay far far away.

• Stayed February 2012
Nichols, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Hotel staff seem to be courteous and it is clean. Beds are exceptionally comfortable.

Note: Be careful of the snack machines on each floor. I purchased a snack (powdered donuts) and noticed that, while chewing the first one, there was a strange taste. Upon further inspection I could see that there was mold growing on two of the donuts.NASTY!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay off of the Interstate in Stanton if you are looking for a great place at a low price so you can get back on the road quickly. Currently, the hotel is undergoing a great deal of removations so the main dining area is not accessible for breakfast or dinner. I did notice that the elevator smelled like paint thinner really strongly during my stay and the stops at each floor were really jerk-y which scared me a little. The in-house bar is a great place to get local Starr Hill on tap for a great price and the food I had was really good. It was better than expected, portions were large, the salad dressings were made in-house, and it was really clean. The rooms were really large for new hotel standards but my carpeting was old and the bathroom tile grout was slightly mildew infested but not bad enough I would be scared to take a shower. The business center however was a computer hooked to a printer in the middle of the hallway...not good for doing any actual work.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center? Share your experiences!