“wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Staunton
Peterborough
“wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stopped here for one night on our way from Ontario to Myrtle Beach. This hotel was convenient, clean and great value for the money. The bed was comfortable. The free breakfast was more than enough to start off our day. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joan R, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff strives to offer the best customer service possible and we do know how important a clean room is to our guests as well as a good breakfast. Please remember us on your next trip to VA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I stopped here on our way down to South Carolina. We chose this place because of the great reviews. We were NOT pleased. It was not very clean and there were mice in the room. We immediately left and demanded a refund which the man at the counter was happy to oblige.

• Stayed December 2012
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I am very sorry that a mouse was in your room at the time you checked in. The hotel is not infested. it is a rare occurance during the early winter and not a common problem. As of today we we have resolved the problem. We do not want our guests in any way inconvenienced, especially by what you experienced.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel is lovely; the beds are super comfortable; the staff goes above and beyond! Continental breakfast was ample and the breakfast clerk was there to help and be friendly. Check-in was warm and friendly and the clerk used my name repeatedly. She even called me to make certain my room was fine. Her service was beyond my expectations and the whole experience was a wonderful oasis off Interstate 81!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am very happy you found your stay at our Sleep inn so pleasant We strive to offer the best customer service possible.. Also our front desk staff does and excellent job of treating our guests with the upmost professionalism.
Granite City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Best Sleep Inn I've ever stayed at. Very clean well kept hotel. 10 minutes after we checked in got a call from the front desk asking if the room was to our satisfaction. The breakfast next morning was greatly above expectations and not your usual Sleep Inn presentation. Will definitely stay there again when we travel in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am very happy you found your accommodations satisfactory and the staff met you needs. We do strive to offer our guest the very best customer service and would hope all other Sleep Inn and Choice properties would staifiy youir lodging needs. Please remember us on your next visit to Virginai.
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We travel often,from Montana to Tennessee, and in between and have stayed at moderate to Grand hotels. We rarely complain about anything or anybody. I have twenty years military, and another ten in Corrections. I was told by Ms. Joan Rush that I should have complained at 4am, but doing that would have put me in a position and possibly altercation with the workers. That is why, after they were leaving, I went to the front desk and reported to desk clerk of the problem. She said Ms. Rush would be in at 7am. We have been here for two nights, but because we have always liked the people and the service, as well as the location,we decided to stayanother night. It was noisy the first night, but my wife was ill and fell asleep.so I did not say anything ,but after last night wanted to inform manager of loss of sleep. I think it was wrong of her to tell me to come to the front desk and complain with the construction workers being present. My wife was so tired from lack of sleep, that she wanted me to inform them. She has some critical health problems and desperately needs rest. That is what was so upsetting. We have never had any problems with anyone here, personnel and otherwise in the past. We have stayed at fijne hotels and others with a situation, as such would be offered at least a free night. We were offered to stay a little longer to catch up rest, but my wife thought we deserved at least one of the nights free, after two noisy nights. When she called Ms. Joan Rush and suggested that, she replied, I will see what I can do. My wife skipped breakfast and was going to rest., but after I went to the front desk she, Ms. Rush said I cannot have both and replied in an abrupt manner you must leave at 11:00am. So as tired as my wife is,we have to pack in a rush and vacate the hotel, We love this hotel and the people, but are leaving here and do not know if we will return., Ms jean who was working at the front desk,when i was checking out,she was being nesty about it she was saying, you should have said something at 4am. I told her that it started at 4am. My wife called to get her name and she said it's Jean that is all you need. I am a elite member of 4 choice.

Room Tip: do not take room 124 and check who is above you
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cornelia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

It's been over a year since we traveled through the Staunton area and had an opportunity to stay at Sleep Inn again. The service and cleanliness of the hotel were excellent; the continental breakfast was plentiful and the price is still reasonable. We will continue staying here when in the area; it is very convenient to I-81 and close to local restaurants.

Room Tip: If you have special needs, be sure to make requests when you make reservations; they will do their b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for the comments on your recent stay at the Sleep Inn.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us on any future visits to Virginia.
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Made a reservaton in advance $102 tax included. Friendly service. Hotel was neat and clean.
Spent one night in a small room with a comfortable bed. had my little pal Buddy with us. Convenient to I 81 and some very good restaurants nearby. It aint the Ritz but it was clean and comfortable. Great for one or two nights. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Make reservation in advance so you know what the room rate will be. If you see any bugs or vermin, a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We do value our pet owners as guests and do all we can to accommodate both. Please come again on your next visit to Virginia