My wife, young son and myself stayed here for quick overnight on our way to the Outer Banks. Pros:
1. Clean Room
2. Breakfast: Included numerous options including belgian waffles, yogurt, sausage biscuits, grits (package), oatmeal (package), pastries, cheese cubes, and more.
3. Rate: We used a special travel coupon (available at NC rest stops) and saved about $25 off the rack rate. The hotel does fill-up quickly and you cannot make advance reservations with that particular coupon, so we "rolled the dice" and it paid off.
4. Microwave and fridge were welcome amenities for our family.
1. Our room did not have a tub, only a stand-up shower, which was OK, but we do prefer tubs for our son's bath time.
2. The decor in the room could also use some updating, as it has an older feel with wood veneer.
3. TVs are old tube-type and some of the stations do not come in clearly.
4. My wife and I prefer at least a queen bed, but the room we had only had two doubles (do any adults still sleep in a double bed?). This is just a preference, and since rate was more important to us, we dealt with it.
5. USA Today would be preferred over the local paper that they offer -- it seemed to be a little "too" local with very little national news coverage even on the front page.
6. Breakfast area is far too small (5 tables) for the number of rooms in the hotel. We were told (and appreciated the communication) at check-in that a tour bus would be coming down for breakfast between 7:30-8:30am, so we should come before or after that. Had we paid full-price, this would have been frustrating, especially since the breakfast offerings are so expansive.
Overall we were pleased with our stay, but I don't think I would pay full-price based upon the bed type, decor, and television.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Hotel Staunton
- Sleep Hotel
- Sleep Inn Staunton
- Staunton Sleep Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sleep Inn® hotel is centrally located off Interstate 81 in the Shenandoah Valley. Surrounded by the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, this Staunton hotel is close to the Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia, Mary Baldwin College, P. Buckley Moss Museum, Blackfriars Theatre and Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library. The scenic Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive are just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Venere, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your Sleep Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.