“Great Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Staunton
Mt. Ivy, NY
“Great Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was looking for a hotel right off the highway on the way to Tennessee, and stayed here on the way down, and again on the way back. It was right there, but not close enough for any noise, so easy getting there and back to the highway. Right next door to a McDonald's if you need something to grab after traveling. Room smaller than I expected, but good enough for just my daughter and I, and my daughter said the shower was fantastic. Good morning free breakfast with different kinds of foods than most free breakfasts. Nice staff. Close to town if you want to stop in and do something there. Good price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We do try ot offer a variety of items on our continental breakfast to satisfy all our guests. We hope you will come back to see us on you next visit to Tennessee.

GM

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed one night at the Sleep Inn in Staunton during a short road trip to tour part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Shenandoah National Park. Since I was coming from the south, Staunton made a great stopping point due to the location relative to both BRP and SNP. Since this was a last minute trip, the B&Bs in the area were all booked, so a quick search of the reviews turned up a few likely chain lodging options. The Sleep Inn seemed reasonable and was located close to dining options in Staunton as well as provided good access back to the park, so I made a reservation just a few days prior to the trip.

I think this is an older establishment, but it has been updated in places. The furnishings in the room I had were dated, but in good shape. The room was good size, although the bathroom was a little small. The water pressure in the shower was a little low, but serviceable. The room was clean and comfortable, which were the primary concerns.

One complaint is with the free breakfast. The dining area is tiny and cramped and the variety of food is limited. In fact, the size of the room makes it very difficult to get to the food. Seating was very limited. I ended up sitting on a chair in the lobby. Interestingly, the free breakfast was one of the discriminating factors that lead me to select the Sleep Inn in the first place.

Overall, this was a decent place to stop for an overnight stay while touring through the Shenandoah Valley.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are doing renovations and have completed the lobby and breadfast bar but have not completed the guest rooms. I do agree sometimes the breakfast area can be crowded. I do hope you will stay with us in the future and will continue to see the progress in our attempts to offer you the best accommodations.
Joan M. Rush GM
Hot Springs, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

It was almost impossible to find a room for one night- back to school day - . One more try was, Sleep Inn, what luck, not only we finally found a place to stay but the welcome we received,
helping with direction to find a shortcut to the Hospital - that was our destination - best place to go for dinner and our room was very clean and comfortable.
I recommend this Motel - Sleep Inn - to any body highly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your kink comments.Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am very happy you found us and hope we can satisfy your lodging needs in the future.

Joan M. Rush GM
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The room was clean but kind of chintzy. Everything in the room was tethered down with straps. The Iron was attached to ironing board, hair dryer to the wall. No bathtub just a toilet and shower. Makes you wonder what the clientelle is. Wi FI and cell phone did not work well, probably due to the rock wall outside the window. Breakfast was good -- if you beat the bus down.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to reviiew our hotel. I am sorry you did not find the accommodations satisfactory. Most Sleep Inns do have the shower stalls but we do have rroms with tubs. Should you choose to stay with us again please request a room with a tub

Gen. Mgr.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this Sleep Inn frequently on my way from SC to NJ because it is clean, the staff is always friendly, and the town of Staunton has many great restaurants. It is currently under minor renovation(it really doesn't need it) and I look forward to seeing what they've done to it next time I travel north. The only thing they could improve is to create a larger breakfast area.

• Stayed July 2012
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your comment about our hotel. We are renovating and hope it did not cause you any inconvenience. We are looking forward to your return visit.

General Managrer
Thompson, Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Over the past 3 years we have stopped at the sleep Inn in Staunton a total of 5 times. First, we stopped when traveling with my Mother in law when she had a small dog and more recently on our way to and from Florida with our 3 cats.

The place has always been very clean and quiet. The breakfast is not the greatest but not bad and they are really good about pets. Service was good each time and the prices were VERY reasonable. There is a few good restaurants close by and it's very quiet at night.

Great place to stay after a long day of driving.

Room Tip: Great place to stop with a pet.....not dirty in the pet rooms which is a nice change.