“Hidden diamond” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
frenchtown nj
“Hidden diamond”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Staunton has been a stop-over place for us for a number of years (2 Virginia Tech students) and decided to try the Days Inn (the price of our usual stop had increased dramatically).
The manager was very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean. Everything worked. The price was very good.
Be aware that the road up to the motel is a bit hard to find in the dark. It is marked along the way with road signs (in the Burma Shave style) to confirm that you are heading the right way.
We will be staying there again on our next trip south

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DaysInnStaunton, Manager at Days Inn Staunton, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thankyou for your kind words and I will ask the owner to take care of the road . We do try our best to help and accomodate guest. Hope to see you bcak and serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I picked this hotel for my mother and I as we traveled to upstate NY. The price was very reasonable and close to the interstate which we needed for a quick overnight stay. The rooms were clean and well stocked. Our room even had a small refrigerator to use. The hotel was small so I did not expect much, but it even had a small workout room with some cardio equipment. The breakfast did not have everything I'm used to at a larger hotel, only missing the eggs and bacon. If I'm in the area again I would definitely stay here again. Even though the rooms have outside doors, it is very quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnStaunton, Manager at Days Inn Staunton, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am glad you had a good stay and appreciate the kind words and hope to see you and your family back and serve you again.
Boothbay, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I guess I would stay here again if my car broke down here. The place is cheap, but the "place" is cheap. Beds were small. The carpet, while vacuumed, was in desperate need of a shampoo. The corners of the carpet had visible dirt. I guess the vacuum didn't fit into the corner. Towels were small.

When I asked about where to eat dinner, I was told that I had to get back onto the interstate and go to the next exit and then on two different highways. When I asked what restaurants were there, the response from the front desk was "We have everything". The BEST restaurant we could find was a Red Lobster.

Room Tip: Go to the next exit on the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that you were not quite happy with your stay. I will work on all the issues regarding the room . Pleaase do accept my sincere apology.
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I'm not sure why so many of the recent reviews of this Days Inn have been so negative because we just returned from a four-night stay, and we had a terrific experience. Our room was clean and comfortable--we didn't have any problems with the mattresses or pillows. The shower, toilet, and air conditioning worked great. We didn't use the microwave, but the fridge kept everything nice and cold. We used the pool on two different days and found it to be very well-maintained and not overly crowded. The breakfast was standard continental fare: cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, etc. But that is exactly what we expected--the hotel description did not indicate anything more. And there was plenty there to satisfy everyone. We ate there every morning and never had to wait for a table. The staff we interacted with were all exceptionally friendly and helpful. The first night we were there, we were short a couple of towels, and my husband went to the front desk to request more. After that, I left a note for housekeeping, and we had plenty of towels for the rest of our stay. My husband also went to the lobby for help with locating a restaurant we wanted to try, and the gentleman there showed him the exact location on a map. The morning we checked out, the lady behind the desk engaged me in a very friendly chat about my children and some of the things we had done on our trip. We also loved the location. It is right off the interstate, but there is farmland complete with grazing cattle right across the road from the driveway. We felt like we were out in the country--no noisy traffic or busy shopping centers nearby; yet restaurants, shopping, and attractions were very accessible. Yes, there were beetles everywhere. It's summertime--bugs go with the territory. We have insects at our home, too. Yes, the driveway could use a little work. Big deal. No, this is not a 5-star resort. That's not what we were looking for. As a family of 4, we wanted a clean, comfortable motel with a pool for a reasonable price. That is exactly what this Days Inn is. My two boys (ages 4 and 7) loved the pool, the room, and the breakfast. They are already asking when we can go back. I've told them that the next time we visit the Staunton, VA area, we will definitely stay at the Days Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed on the parking lot side about 5 rooms from the lobby. It was very quiet. No compaints he...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnStaunton, Manager at Days Inn Staunton, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for all the appreciation you have given to our motel. We are pleased that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay at the Days and we will be looking forward to serve you in future. We are working hard to get better you have really boosted our spirits I once again thank you for your kind words.
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were on a motorcycle trip.This is such a great place to stay it is away from all the busy traffic. The staff was very friendly and Geeta and Cordin if I spelled it correctly were very sweet and anxious to help in any way. Thanks for the coffee and visits. We hope to return next year. I recommend anyone traveling this area to stay at this Day's Inn you will be very happy that you did.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay we will be looking forward your group t come back and spend some time with us. we will again do our best to make your stay comfortable.
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

After reading the reviews I assumed we would stay at a cheap but "good enough" motel. It was not worth the frustration or money. I don't care about it being old, but clean and friendly this place is not. The building's concrete is falling apart and looks dangerous, they have a major bug problem, and the staff is only courteous if you don't need something. Of the three rooms we stayed in, only ONE had AC and all were unpainted and filled with bugs. When asked to be moved we were told no because they were totally booked, NOT even close to true. And the Breakfast as advertised? Nope, they took it down early and literally said "too bad, I decided breakfast was over". Do yourself a favor, go one exit down, pay the $20 extra and stay at any other place in that area. Days Inn should take the name from this site, I have always been able to trust them, but I'm reconsidering that...

Room Tip: If you like AC in the summer, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnStaunton, Manager at Days Inn Staunton, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I do understand about the uncomfortable stay in our motel. we have started working on the property .I do apologize inconvenience but I am sure once we get things fixed up we will be pleased to serve you better if you do change your mind. . Sorry about the beatles but they are seasonal bugs and I wish we could do something about that. We are trying hard to get some solution on this issue unfortunately we have yet not got any solution for these bugs.

Been to Days Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!