“Pleasant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Abingdon
“Pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The lady (owner I believe) extremely helpful and informative. Was able to help me with a difficult transition in order to make my meeting. The room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnStaunton, Manager at Days Inn Staunton, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
I am glad you had a plesant stay and hope to see you again and serve you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fairfax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After a long drive, I was really looking forward to a good night's sleep and a hot shower. Not only did I get both, but I also had a big room that was crystal clean! In fact, I could have eaten a meal in the bathroom --it was spotless. What a great deal, for such a great price!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and Thank you for taking the time to tell us that you liked the room. We will be looking forward to see you again and serve you again.
Krakow, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I read many positive reviews so I decided to stay in this motel.
On a positive note:
- Comfortable beds
- Great quality sheets – really nice
- Clean room
Until I took a shower, I was very happy with the room (4 star). And, unfortunately, here comes the negative part.
The bath tub had hairs all over it, and it was not cleaned in a very long time. You could scratch dirt from its surface. I had to shower in flip-flops. The bath tub was yellowish but I strongly believe it could be white if cleaned – it was that dirty.
When I went for breakfast and entered the main lobby area, I have seen two employees who not only did not bother to welcome me but would not even answer to my ‘Good morning’. I started my breakfast at 8.30am but while eating a man came and started to clean the breakfast at 8.45am, 15min before the breakfast finish time. It made me feel rather uncomfortable and unwelcomed. That was not accidental, as on the 2nd day it was repeated again. I did not try scones as they had the smell of mold.

Overall, this motel has a potential to be an excellent motel but these two issues overshadowed my stay. While leaving I had a plan to inform the staff, but they were to busy with other customer and I had no time to wait.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnStaunton, Manager at Days Inn Staunton, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
I do appologize for the inconvenience and will look into the issues that you have pointed out. I assure you that I will get the issues fixed ASAP.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel was the cleanest, most comfortable and well maintained hotel of this type and price range,I've ever stayed in. The morning breakfast was top notch with an attendant who wiped, refilled and assisted with speed and efficiency. What a treat to get this type of breakfast service after so many hotels that serve crummy coffee, donuts and tang and call this breakfast.
The front desk staff was courteous and well groomed. This hotel certainly knows how to impress and produce.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DaysInnStaunton, Manager at Days Inn Staunton, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thankyou for taking your valuable time and writing this review .We try to do our best to serve our guest. Hoping to get to see you again and give you our services.

Been to Days Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!