“Very happy with our choice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   153 Garrisonville Road, I-95 at Exit 143B, Stafford, VA 22554 (Formerly Country Inn By Carlson, Stafford)   |
Special Offer
Book directly & save
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Stafford
Plymouth, MA
“Very happy with our choice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. The hotel staff was very friendly, the location was convenient to the highway, the rate was decent and the included breakfast was just enough for us. The only complaint I had was the mattress was a bit soft in our room, but some people might like that! We would definitely stay here again when passing thru the area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Often leery of motel in $80 price range, but this one was a nice surprise. Clean, large rooms with refrigerator. Nothing fancy but pleasant and functional. Excellent hot breakfast with helpful attendant - Mary Ann. All staff was friendly and seemed to take pride in their inn. Coffee, apples, candy, cookies, USA Today, all free in lobby. Will stay again when travelling up I-95. (less than an hour south of Washington)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had a great stay at the Country Inn. The older gentleman that checked me in was very friendly and thorough in explaining all of the hotel amenities and other places of interest in the immediate vicinity. This was my last hotel stay driving all the way from San Diego so I just wanted to get some decent sleep being that I had a terrible hotel stay the night before in Tennessee.

I was given a room very close to the lobby and I could here some foot traffic and voices throughout the night that interrupted me some but that was about the only complaint I had. Room was very clean, including the bathroom (which is big for me). Bed was comfortable and had more than enough pillows.

Room had everything I needed including shower items, wifi, cable, and other services.

Pleasant stay and the full breakfast in the morning was amazing and a nice change considering all I really had was fast food while driving and on the go. The dining area was very clean and they had free newspapers and a TV available. The woman taking care of the dining and breakfast area was also very nice and ensured everything was stocked up.

There are a lot of other hotels in the area but I chose this one based on the price tag. I'd stay here again, short or long term.

In the 5 budget hotels I stayed on my trip cross country trip, I rank this hotel no#1 because of the full breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Enrique C
Lilongwe, Malawi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I Recommend the Country Inn when in Stafford. Attentive staff, solid morning breakfast, clean large rooms. The gym is small and needs new equipment. Easy access to numerous shopping and eating establishments. Thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Masschusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our first experience with Country Inn and it was excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room clean, updated and at a reasonable rate.I gave two suggestions regarding the bathroom, recommended a new faucet and replacing caulking in one area and got a email from the manager two days later saying repairs had been done! Excellent selection for Breakfast and loved the apples in the lobby. Would definitely stay there again. Nice Mexican restaurant with walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back if you don't like any light coming in through your window
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights in December. The hotel is clean and they offer a good breakfast. They also have fresh baked cookies in the evening- which were a highlight of my trip. I don't think there's an elevator in this place though (or there is one but it was never pointed out or mentioned). Not a pleasant surprise to have to drag my luggage up to the second floor after a long day of traveling... Luckily I packed light.
I like that this hotel is in close proximity to many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Country Inn in Stafford while visiting a friend. We found that booking online saved us nearly $20, so I recommend doing so. They even let us use their computer in the lobby to book a cheaper room, which was outstandingly accommodating in my opinion.

The room was clean, but one of the bed frames were broken. They moved us without an issue.

Their breakfast was amazing. Probably the best hot breakfast I've ever had at a hotel (that doesn't use a restaurant).

I would say it's the best place to stay in Stafford, VA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family