“Last hotel stay of my cross country trip and best” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Stafford
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Last hotel stay of my cross country trip and best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had a great stay at the Country Inn. The older gentleman that checked me in was very friendly and thorough in explaining all of the hotel amenities and other places of interest in the immediate vicinity. This was my last hotel stay driving all the way from San Diego so I just wanted to get some decent sleep being that I had a terrible hotel stay the night before in Tennessee.

I was given a room very close to the lobby and I could here some foot traffic and voices throughout the night that interrupted me some but that was about the only complaint I had. Room was very clean, including the bathroom (which is big for me). Bed was comfortable and had more than enough pillows.

Room had everything I needed including shower items, wifi, cable, and other services.

Pleasant stay and the full breakfast in the morning was amazing and a nice change considering all I really had was fast food while driving and on the go. The dining area was very clean and they had free newspapers and a TV available. The woman taking care of the dining and breakfast area was also very nice and ensured everything was stocked up.

There are a lot of other hotels in the area but I chose this one based on the price tag. I'd stay here again, short or long term.

In the 5 budget hotels I stayed on my trip cross country trip, I rank this hotel no#1 because of the full breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lilongwe, Malawi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I Recommend the Country Inn when in Stafford. Attentive staff, solid morning breakfast, clean large rooms. The gym is small and needs new equipment. Easy access to numerous shopping and eating establishments. Thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Masschusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our first experience with Country Inn and it was excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room clean, updated and at a reasonable rate.I gave two suggestions regarding the bathroom, recommended a new faucet and replacing caulking in one area and got a email from the manager two days later saying repairs had been done! Excellent selection for Breakfast and loved the apples in the lobby. Would definitely stay there again. Nice Mexican restaurant with walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back if you don't like any light coming in through your window
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in December. The hotel is clean and they offer a good breakfast. They also have fresh baked cookies in the evening- which were a highlight of my trip. I don't think there's an elevator in this place though (or there is one but it was never pointed out or mentioned). Not a pleasant surprise to have to drag my luggage up to the second floor after a long day of traveling... Luckily I packed light.
I like that this hotel is in close proximity to many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Country Inn in Stafford while visiting a friend. We found that booking online saved us nearly $20, so I recommend doing so. They even let us use their computer in the lobby to book a cheaper room, which was outstandingly accommodating in my opinion.

The room was clean, but one of the bed frames were broken. They moved us without an issue.

Their breakfast was amazing. Probably the best hot breakfast I've ever had at a hotel (that doesn't use a restaurant).

I would say it's the best place to stay in Stafford, VA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We took a large group to this hotel, the staff treated us like family. The hotel was clean and nice. The breakfast in the morning was good. The hotel is a bargain. It is right next store to a 24 hour Walmart. There are plaenty of places to eat. The Marine Corp Museum is with five miles.

Room Tip: There is no pool. Very close to alot of places to eat and right next store to a nice 24 hr walmart
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stopped over at this hotel on my way through virginia and was very impressed with the staff. They are all very friendly and did everything they could to make me feel welcome. The breakfast in the morning was excellent (eggs and bacon and waffles, etc) and my bed was comfortable. They are also in a great location with many restaurants near by. The front desk attendant recommended Jimmy the Greek, which was spot on. I would definitely stay here again if I was passing through!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Stafford? Share your experiences!