“If Going to Stafford, VA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford

Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   153 Garrisonville Road, I-95 at Exit 143B, Stafford, VA 22554 (Formerly Country Inn By Carlson, Stafford)   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Stafford
Lilongwe, Malawi
“If Going to Stafford, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I Recommend the Country Inn when in Stafford. Attentive staff, solid morning breakfast, clean large rooms. The gym is small and needs new equipment. Easy access to numerous shopping and eating establishments. Thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Masschusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our first experience with Country Inn and it was excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room clean, updated and at a reasonable rate.I gave two suggestions regarding the bathroom, recommended a new faucet and replacing caulking in one area and got a email from the manager two days later saying repairs had been done! Excellent selection for Breakfast and loved the apples in the lobby. Would definitely stay there again. Nice Mexican restaurant with walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back if you don't like any light coming in through your window
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights in December. The hotel is clean and they offer a good breakfast. They also have fresh baked cookies in the evening- which were a highlight of my trip. I don't think there's an elevator in this place though (or there is one but it was never pointed out or mentioned). Not a pleasant surprise to have to drag my luggage up to the second floor after a long day of traveling... Luckily I packed light.
I like that this hotel is in close proximity to many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Country Inn in Stafford while visiting a friend. We found that booking online saved us nearly $20, so I recommend doing so. They even let us use their computer in the lobby to book a cheaper room, which was outstandingly accommodating in my opinion.

The room was clean, but one of the bed frames were broken. They moved us without an issue.

Their breakfast was amazing. Probably the best hot breakfast I've ever had at a hotel (that doesn't use a restaurant).

I would say it's the best place to stay in Stafford, VA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We took a large group to this hotel, the staff treated us like family. The hotel was clean and nice. The breakfast in the morning was good. The hotel is a bargain. It is right next store to a 24 hour Walmart. There are plaenty of places to eat. The Marine Corp Museum is with five miles.

Room Tip: There is no pool. Very close to alot of places to eat and right next store to a nice 24 hr walmart
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stopped over at this hotel on my way through virginia and was very impressed with the staff. They are all very friendly and did everything they could to make me feel welcome. The breakfast in the morning was excellent (eggs and bacon and waffles, etc) and my bed was comfortable. They are also in a great location with many restaurants near by. The front desk attendant recommended Jimmy the Greek, which was spot on. I would definitely stay here again if I was passing through!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
fredericksburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Horrible Country Inn. The manager Brad was absolutely CHILDISH. I filed a complaint because they had to move me TWICE due to their rooms being FILTHY!!!!! And he had the nerve to BLAME me for his employees not doing their job. Example: I had a pet and he wants to charge me for Brittany placing me in a non-pet room??????? What kind of bologna is that??!!! They were so unprofessional. The only decent person there was Katarina. I will NEVER EVER refer anyone to stay there even if it was the last hotel to have a vacancy. Might as well sleep next to a dumpster!! I AM REPORTING THEM (ESPECIALLY BRAD'S LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM) TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will however, recommend the Country Inn and Suites in Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bradley H, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I am sincerely embarrassed and disappointed with the outcome of your stay with us. Having a guest be unhappy with one of our guestrooms and having to move is absolutely unacceptable and I apologize that you were forced to go through that. I also want to personally apologize for any confusion regarding our pet policy, as we certainly welcome our guests' furry friends to join them and have a $25/Night pet fee for any guests that choose to do so. As you can see from our previous reviews, this was completely out of character for our hotel and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford? Share your experiences!