“Dirty and unpleasant.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Stafford
Stafford, Virginia, United States
“Dirty and unpleasant.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We are non-smokers who left smelling of cigarettes from our stinky, dingy, unclean room. The bath tub wasn't very clean, the management patrolled the parking lot (which made me uneasy), the room was very dark, not enough towels, one little bottle of shampoo, no iron or ironing board in room, uncomfortable beds, and not enough pillows. Clearly, who ever owns this hotel is cheap and it showed. I've stayed in some pretty decent Motel 8s, but this place was terrible.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Nova Scotia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We were stuck in traffic most of the day travelling south on the I95 and were looking for a place to stay during the early evening. Our GPS found us the Super 8 and we were so tired that we decided to stay even though we felt the nightly rate was high.

The hotel/rooms was clean and it met our needs for the evening. It is located close to numerous eating and shopping venues. The morning breakfast was limted.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Good place to stay right off I95. Clean well kept room, appeared to be recently redecorated, friendly personnel, walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping. Just across access road from very good Mexican restaurant (Pancho Villa's?) Bed and linens very comfortable. Breakfast limited, cereals and bagels. Only major drawback for us was that parking lot too small for our truck and trailer parking.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Brookston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Very nice room, clean and staff is accomodating, close to alot of business, very reasonable..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

Offers in room internet - did not happen, after not being able to connect, the third night, of stalling, night clerk finally stated "owner decided to change system". Two nights later still no internet connection.
Motel sits behind a Wendys, sometimes you can hear the drive thru teller.
Early AM Recycle, or trash trucks come thru to empty bins. Noisy clanging of lids.
Staff very accomodating.
Breakfast not much of selections.
Repainting and refurbishing other rooms during our stay. Much activity going on in the area, could have picked a better time.
Several construction crews were staying same time, were a bit noisy in the AM going to work.
Not sure will go back again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank DonCee
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

I stayed here with my family passing through Stafford off 95 and was shocked at how badly this place is in need of an upgrade. The staff basically lives at the hotel and it still is in terrible condition both in the rooms and on the outside. The location is in the back of a Wendy's parking lot and you can hear the drive thru microphone well into the night. The traffice is bad as well with people talking and doing who knows what outside your room. The lobby smells horrible, like incense and bad food and the staff (it appears they are a family) could care less. I would shop around on this street since there are about 10 different hotels that are better. This isnt worth the over $80 I paid for it.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — lobby, room, hotel
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank lip89
pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2007

Beware, you are not secure when staying here! I do not know who was in my room that night. Since then I have come to believe that the motel's staff was taking a romp in it. Luckily I did not leave my luggage/belongings in the motel room upon checking in. However, I did enter the motel room immediately after check in with the key that had been given me at the check-in desk. When I returned to my room later (about midnight) my key would not work to open the door. It was clear and evident that someone was occupying my room. Next thing I hear is someone saying "go away!" from the other side of the door. Believe me, I had not been drinking and thank God I was not alone! My companion was with me when we initially entered the room earlier and was with me upon my return. Someone else was in the room that the desk clerk had given me earlier that evening!!! I immediately went to the lobby's check-in desk and told them what I had just experienced. I was then told by the desk clerk that no one else had a key to that room, however, he stated to me that "since I thought" someone else was in the room that he would give me another room. I explained that I did not feel secure in that motel, that I would find another hotel to stay in and I asked him to refund my money. He refused to send security or even go check out the situation and then became verbally abusive towards me. I informed him that I would call 911 if my money was not refunded and then he took the money from the cash register and threw it at me. I ended up staying right down the street at the Comfort Inn, which was very clean and comfortable for $10 more than I would have paid at Motel 8. I stayed at a Motel 8 in Virginia Beach two years ago and had a bad experience where we ended up leaving in the middle of the night to look for another hotel. Motel 8 does not belong in the hotel & hospitality industry because they are running something other than a motel. I will not patronize this motel again.

Stayed September 2006