“I was impressed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Stafford
Seattle, Washington
“I was impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding in the area during a major heat wave. I was so glad that the air conditioner worked! And it was not overly noisy or too cold like in a cheap motel. The room was very comfortable - I liked the layout with the kitchenette, sitting area and vanity separate from the bathroom. THis was great for the 2 of us getting ready in the morning.

I was amazed at the breakfast selection as well. I have stayed in quite a few hotels with the lobby breakfast set-up (some of them much pricier) and they did not have the type of hot foods that were available here. I loved being able to have eggs and bacon or sausage in the morning. I was also impressed with the cleanliness of the lobby area - it was always busy with people, but never looked trashed.

We stayed here for 3 nights after a long week of moving from town to town nearly every day. The bed was great and the black out curtains really worked. I slept like a baby.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Troy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed half my trip here, and half my trip at the Wingate close by. This hotel wins by a huge margin. Nice little kitchen area that wasnt really used, but having the plates and glasses in the cabinets was great for ordering pizza. The beds are amazing, I was literally shocked at how comfortable they are. Barely anyone in the pool, free washer/dryer for guest with detergent already down there to be used. The staff is very friendly, the lady making breakfast actually came out and asked us how everything was. One huge thing is they have an actual dvd player in the room, didnt have to run at $6 movie, could just run to a red box. I am looking forward to my next visit, this hotel moved to the top of my list.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

We arrived on March 4 at 8pm. Check-in was quick and courteous. The room was clean and free of any unusual smells. Our suite consisted of 2 queen beds in a separate bedroom, the other side having a small kitchenette with a small to medium sized refrigerator (with ice maker if you turn it on), a dishwasher, microwave, 2 burner electric stove, and sink. There was a small countertop around the sink and stove for using the coffee pot (more about that later) and toaster supplied with the room. All of the equipment looked fairly new and in good shape. Also supplied with the room were a small number of utensils, dishes, a couple of pots and pans, and a few microwave bowls with snap-on tops for storage. There were two televisions in the suite, one in each side. At first we thought one of the televisions was broken until we discovered a manual power switch on top in back. We soon discovered that the small electric stove was not functional and called the desk. The desk clerk immediately came up and checked, then offered to move us to a new room, or have it looked at in the morning when maintenance was available. Since it was late at night we chose to have someone look at it the next day. In the morning, a very courteous maintenance man arrived, looked over the unit and said he would need to return later in the day. We took off for the day, and when we returned later that night we discovered that the staff had tried to reach us (we had turned our cell phones off during a dinner theatre) to let us know they were unable to fix the stove and that we could move to another room. We decided to make the move promptly that night, only to discover that only one of the two burners on the stove in the new room was functional. However, we decided that a single burner was perfectly adequate for our needs and left it at that. I took the time to look up the manufacturer of these stovetop units (Kenyon Marine) as they seem to be of dubious quality. I suspect these units are made for light use in boats where space is at a premium. If you are counting on one of these units, you might want to check and see if it works before unpacking. There is also a small security box in the closet. We locked our 3 laptops in here while we were gone for the day – although we had no reason to believe there were any problems with theft. Just good practice. One nice thing about the bathroom – the light switch is not attached to a noisy fan. In many hotels this usually wakes up everyone else in the room whenever you use the bathroom. Here, the light switch is just a light switch! There is also a free laundry for guests on the first floor – 3 washers, 3 dryers. If you forgot to bring soap and softener, you can get both at the desk for a total of $2. Our second room actually came with a small laundry basket. There is an exercise room adjacent to the laundry room so you can work out while waiting for your laundry if you wish. There is also a pool near by if you would rather swim.

Complimentary breakfast – probably the best I have had at any hotel in the lower 48 states. It included really good fresh fruit, eggs, potatoes, cereal, Belgian waffles, oatmeal with various toppings, various breakfast meats; some daily variations such as biscuits and gravy. I’m not sure, but I think there may be even more variety on week days.

Getting back to the coffee pot (from our first room) – This was a most unusual pot in that the spout was located on the side, and no matter how hard you tried it was impossible to pour a cup without spilling at least a third of it on the counter. I was beginning to think I might be on Candid Camera. The pot in the new room was normal and had no problems.

Also – I highly recommend the Riverside Dinner Theater in Fredericksburg (http://www.riversidedt.com/dt/) only 20 minutes away. The food was very good, staff courteous and professional, and a very entertaining show. A great time!! NOTE: Google Maps had the wrong road name for Route 670; it’s Sanford Drive (as indicated correctly on the Riverside site), not Stanstead Rd.

We ordered Chinese food one night from Formosa Chinese Restaurant. You can get a menu from the desk clerk at the hotel. It took awhile for the food to be delivered, but it was worth the wait.

Interestingly, our second room was #400. When you exit the elevator there are signs for the various room numbers, starting with 401. So in theory our room did not exist and perhaps we could get away with not paying for a non-existent room? No such luck.

I do not give out top ratings easily, but even with the minor issues of the coffee pot and stove top this is a really good place to stay. In terms of overall quality I have not stayed anywhere better.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
virgina beach Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The hotel was clean,great staff very friendly, and had an Outstanding Free breafast

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Staybridge Suites Stafford? Share your experiences!