WOW!!! What a pleasant surprise to see a very nice hotel so close to everything we needed to see. After spending approximately 2 hours on 95 to get approximately 20 miles, I knew we would be spending quite a bit of time at Staybridge. The room was very clean and quite spacious and the kitchenette was perfect. The rooms were very quiet, heard no outside noise and slept well. Ample free parking and access to nearby 7-11.
A few minor things though;
1. Whoever (some man) designed the rooms and hotel neglected to put full length mirrors in the rooms and throughout the hotel. I saw plenty of spaces that a full length mirror could be placed and surprising they only cost $4 at Walmart, so very affordable.
2. We messed around with the thermostat to no end, even though it registered 74 degrees it was quite cold about 62 degrees and only blowing cold air. We never called because after fooling around with it for some time we just went to sleep. It never got warm in the room.
3. Also, the room we were in was awkwardly set up, the bathroom door was very close to the toilet and just very tight. Had to be right in front of TV to see it, even if you turned it some. Need nightlights in bathroom. huge overhead light woke me up each time someone else got up to use toilet.
4. The electrical outlets were hard to find to plug our cell phones. Why not locate plugs on the night table like other hotels have?
5. We had no luggage racks to place our suitcases on and had to pull the chairs in the room to set them upon, therefore leaving no chairs at the kitchenette countertop, so we sat on the countertop to eat.
6. Lastly, we had a teenager with us so they naturally slept on the pull out sofa, however, there was no bedding in the room, only extra pillows. Went down to get bedding, they only offered sheets and no blankets. They did say we have towels?? WTF Teenager did not mind much though, was probably very cold, I'm sure.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to those staying in the surrounding area. Forget going in to DC as the traffic was horrendous, even getting back from Fredericksburg was a journey. The breakfast was decent, no complaints and they only offer light housekeeping on the weekend unless you make a special request.