“Under Construction” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Stafford
Maplewood, United States
“Under Construction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel was clean but under construction, so it looked somewhat scary from the outside. It is located off of 95, and was a great stopping point on our way back from Myrtle Beach to NJ. The room quality was standard Hampton Inn. The beds were soft and clean. The bathroom shower was updated and clean. The service was excellent. The complimentary breakfast was complete with a waffle maker, so we had fresh waffles before our long hike back to NJ.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Amal l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stafford/Quantico & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive review and for been flexible with us during renovation.

I apologize for the inconvenience of contruction going on at our property, but it will be done soon! The outside construction is progressing really fast, our indoor heated pool is about to be done. Our Extended stay studios will be done by the end of December, 2013. We hope to be of service with you again soon!

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Amsterdam, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great stay even while the hotel is undergoing expansion to, no doubt, become an even better place to stay. We stayed there as a stop-over point on our drive down to Florida. We have stayed here before and definitely will stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Amal l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stafford/Quantico & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We were glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay - thank you for the Excellent rating! We would like to share with you that our indoor heated pool and hot tub is going to be done late this year 2013. We hope to be of service to you again soon!

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have you ever had a "What WAS I thinking?" travel experience. When I booked this hotel a while back, they stated they were under renovation, but they were open. I try to get as many "stays" on my Hilton Honors account so that I can maintain Diamond status. This means that when I'm in a location for four days or more, I'll change hotels after 2 days to get another "stay" toward that status. That is the ONLY reason I stayed at this property and BOY was it a BAD decision. My son, a Marine, who was graduating TBS (officers basic school) just wanted to sleep and take a nice nap in the afternoon. But the construction noise was deafening. Our rental car caught a bolt from the construction mess and we had to repair a flat. The parking was practically NON-existent. The personnel at the front desk were GREAT but were kind of helpless to do anything about the MESS in which they were working. They actually stripped down and worked on the LOBBY while we were there. Once this property is finished, I'll give it another try because there are some FAB walking/running trails nearby (four seasons wooded property) and the front desk folks are helpful.

Room Tip: Here's my best tip to find a good room: go somewhere else until renovations are over!
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and we apologized for any inconvenience that you may have experienced due hotel construction. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
We are really looking forward to the completion of the project later this year 2013. In the meantime, we are doing our best to accommodate everyone and making you feel safe and comfortable. My staff is trained to do whatever it takes to make our guests happy.

Kind Regards,

Skaneateles, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here while driving back from Florida. We needed a reasonable priced hotel, but excellent quality and we found it at this particular Hampton Inn! Construction was being done on the outside of the building; the front desk apologized for the outside! Very Professional staff! The hotel was very quite and set further off the road, which makes it hard to find! The continental breakfast was wonderful. We were up early and leaving before the breakfast was available but the staff made sure we knew we were welcome to take whatever we wanted before we got on the road! Wonderful relaxing stay!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear valued customer,

Thank you so much for your great feedback. My staff and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Also I would like to inform you that our hotel expansion will be done by the end of this year. The hotel will offer meeting spaces, indoor pool, a spa and a VIP game room.

My staff and I hope you can stay with us in the near future to experience our new hotel.

We would love to have you here again!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family and I stayed here for the weekend the rooms are recently remodeled and are huge and very sleek and modern (However, the hotel is a bit under construction adding additional rooms we were not bothered by any noise or anything like that) Our stay was actually exceptional. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The young lady at the front desk Annly was very helpful providing us directions of the area. This hotel is located in a fantastic location. It is actually not to far from Washington DC and has Tons of restaurants within a quarter of a mile. The breakfast was really good with many options. We will definitely return and make this a regular stop when passing thru the area.

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! Also, we would like to thank you for the feedback! We love to make our guests feel special! My staff and I hope to hear from you soon!

Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great stay with Hampton Inn. Accommodations are always excellent. This hotel was under construction when we stayed but all was still up to Hampton Inn standards. All room amenities were great. Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Amal l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stafford/Quantico & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I want to thank you for taking the time to rate us on your recent stay; your feedback is very important to us.

Also, feel free to get in contact with us directly for any future bookings; my staff and I will be more than glad to assist you.

We love having you here!

Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Only one day of interacting with staff was unpleasant. All of the other days were quite pleasant. The location is right at Interstate 95 -- very convenient to shopping and eating as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Amal l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stafford/Quantico & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! My staff and I are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Hampton inn Stafford!

Amal Lambaraa

Been to Hampton Inn Stafford/Quantico & Conference Center? Share your experiences!