“Great staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Stafford
Indiana
“Great staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The room was very clean and very quiet. The staff went out of their way to prepare a breakfast bag b/c I missed the 6 A.M. breakfast. I thought that was great - great that they went out of the way to make the extra effort for the stay. Easy on to I-95. Close to food, stores and gas. Felt safe and workout area was very clean. Breakfast when I did catch it was really good! Can't go wrong here! I would stay again. Poster indicated remodel coming - didn't hear any noise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Amal l, General Manager at Hampton Inn of Stafford - Quantico, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage.

We look forward to seeing you again soon:)

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Agana, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have over 100 nights this year with Hilton and more than that last year. Hamton Inns are my favorite and I really wanted to like this one but couldn't. The staff is wonderful and the beds comfortable. The room was dreary and a little worn out but clean. I could not stand the smell of cigarettes in the hall and it drifted into my room. Deal breaker. If you are traveling on business do not expect a decent desk and chair or adequate outlets. It is next to the highway but the noise wasn't bad. Breakfast is low quality rewarmed entree with make your own waffle, yogurt, toast, juice..typical.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to what we promised to offer. Therefore, I have personally shared your feed back with each department and have taken appropriate action to turn the entire hotel to a SMOKE FREE HOTEL. In addition, we are in the progress of renovating since January,2013. All guest rooms and public Areas will receive a top to the bottom makeover . We are so excited to inform you that two floors are already done and the rest of the hotel will be done by the end of April,2013.
My staff and I are asking you to give us another try as we are 100% you will be so impressed with the new look of our guestrooms especially our new mattresses-Dream Mattresses- . We are terribly sorry that your last experience with us was not a good one, we greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Amal Lambara
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The staff at the check in desk was friendly. The hotel was a little pricier than the others, but I didn't want to stay in a seedy place. I checked in late and I only stayed overnight. They provided unlimited tea, cocoa and coffee at the breakfast area. I thought that was a nice touch. My room was clean. The parking lot was very dark. It needed more lighting. I'm glad I was with my family or I wouldn't have felt safe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
joannabates, General Manager at Hampton Inn of Stafford - Quantico, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

I am so glad that you enjoyed our free amenities and services.

First and foremost, I would like to inform you that we already took necessary steps to make sure all parking lot lights are working. Thank You for bringing this matter to our attention

We value our customers and I ask you to please feel free to call me at my personal phone (540)657-7501 to assist you with any further questions.

Morgantown PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great friendly service, room and breakfast at a very reasonable price. Easy to find off of I-95. We used this hotel before taking in Mt. Vernon, just 30 minutes to the north. A few miles closer to Washington was quite a bit ($40,00)more expensive.

Dear valued customer,

Thank you taking time to share your feedback about your stay with us. We value our customers and we ask you to please feel free to continue to provide feed back about our services.

We look forward to keep on serving you as valued customer

Mililani, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband has been staying at this hotel for the past 3 years when he needs to fly back to the academy at quantico . This last trip on the 3 rd day he felt some bites but didn't think much about it until the last night he was there, he woke up with his foot and legs itching really bad, as he started driving back to the airport he was covered with bites all over his ankles , legs, thighs, and back.

He had to fly back home itching for. 5 hours on the plane .. We took pictures called the hotel to let them know and was told a manager would call him... It's been 4 days now and NO call!

They didn't seem to care to much when I called to tell them they had bed bugs.. Very disappointed with there attitude .. Will never stay at this hotel again..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
joannabates, Owner at Hampton Inn of Stafford - Quantico, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear valued customer:

We appreciate your bringing this to our attention. We take matters like this very seriously. We contracted professionals to inspect the entire hotel to substantiate the complaint you brought to our attention. As mentioned to you on the phone we do not have bed bugs; however, we do apologize that during the course of your travels somewhere along the line you had such an experience.
Please accept a guest certificate which will allow you to stay at any Hampton Inn on behalf of my staff.

aMAL lambaraa
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have a long history of staying at Hampton Inns because I’ve always had excellent accommodations and service at their hotels. So I booked a reservation for August 10 at the Hampton Inn in Stafford, VA for my family reunion with confidence, and it was the most horrible experience I’ve had at any hotel in 74 years.
We were concerned to find it located in a rough-looking neighborhood on a busy highway with signs in the parking lot warning us that we parked at our own risk, but it was a Hampton Inn. On entering the hotel, we passed a platinum blonde who was very obviously a hooker talking with two men. At the front desk, an unsmiling woman we later learned was the owner, Amal Lambaraa, told the clerk which room to give us but never looked at us or acknowledged our presence. We checked in, but when we found the surroundings worn-looking, not very clean with a musty smell in the halls and our room, we decided we just could not stay there.
When we returned to the front desk, the manager, Myrna, told us we would be charged for the room anyway. I strongly protested, and she went twice to check with the owner in her office, who would not come out and talk to us, and finally came back and told us we could check out without being charged. Outside, I was upset and searching for my heart medicine in the luggage in our van when the desk clerk was sent out to order us to leave the property.
Now I find that they charged us for the night anyway, which I’m disputing with my credit card company and Hampton Inns. I don't know how they allow this hotel to carry their name. AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Dear Valued Customer:

We appreciate your bringing this situation to our attention. Unfortunately, I am a bit confused over some of the points brought up. First of all, I am the owner of whom you mention and I was out of town during the dates of your stay; however, I am aware of certain parts of your stay with us through our valued employees.
Nevertheless, it appears that during your stay with us you were unsatisfied. Please reach out to me at 540.657.0999 so that I may assist you with another stay here or at another Hampton property. I would also like to send you the ‘’BE my Guest Certificate’’ on behalf of my staff and I.
We sincerely apologize for any confusion and we look forward to hearing from you.
Owner/Operator
Newport NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The staff are wonderful but the hotel is run down. The Air Conditioner in our room quit working so they had to move us to another room. The forgor even though my wife called for a wakeup call they forgot to call therefore she was late to a class for her business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
joannabates, Manager at Hampton Inn of Stafford - Quantico, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

It is with great concern we received your review outlining the problems you had with our service. On behalf of Hampton inn Stafford Staff, I would like to apologize for your inconvenience. I want to inform you that we are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening in the future.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I hope you will give us another chance.
Please feel free to contact me at my personal number 540-657-7501. We look forward to continuing serving you as a valued customer.

Amal Lambaraa

Been to Hampton Inn of Stafford - Quantico? Share your experiences!