“good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Aspers, United States
“good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

very clean, modern & cheerful. staff was very pleasant. Hotel was close to the reception hall the Waterford, and there was a shuttle to the reception which was also wonderful. The bar service was not so good; took forever to get food. Lots to choose from on the breakfast bar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate you taking to the time to write a review of our hotel.
We hope to have you visit again soon!

292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We like to stay in the outskirts of Washington, then ride the metro into DC. This is the perfect hotel. Our room was clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. Compared to hotels closer to DC, there is no fee for parking or for WiFi access. The hotel is an easy mile drive to the Franconia Springfield Metro station. Houlihan's restaurant is located inside the hotel. The food was good and the hours very convienent. Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the elevator. It was convienent, but a bit noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We are so happy you found our hotel to be convenient to the metro for a ride into DC. Our Housekeeping team will be please to hear you appreciated the clean, comfortable and nicely decorated room you stayed in during your visit.

We great appreciate you taking the time to write this review about our hotel and look forward to having you come again.
Williamston, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel itself was beautiful, our room was very nice! My only complaint is with the shuttle service. The driver that ran the shuttle the first night we were there was very friendly when he took us to the station, he told us about local places to eat, etc. Never using a shuttle before, it did not occur to us to tip. Realizing after the fact, I decided I would just give him a big tip at the end of the trip. However, it became very apparent he was only friendly to get a tip. The other 3 times he drove us, he did not speak at all. Needless to say, he never received his tip. Also, the first night we called for a shuttle to pick us up at the station and were told it would be 20 minutes. After 30-35 the driver finally showed up. The next day we called 15 minutes before we were to arrive at the station assuming that was what we needed to do. We got to the station only to find the driver had come and gone. Not very consistent.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and concerns as it is through guest feedback that we can know where to make improvements. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay overall with us and we look forward to your return visit.
OCEAN CITY,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was looking for a hotel in D.C. for a Cherry Blossoms photoshoot, but couldn't find anything decent(inexpensive) near the National Mall, so my search ended up taking me to this property and I ended up getting it as a special for $50 a night. The hotel is about 15 minutes drive from downtown D.C. and just off Interstate 95. The hotel is located right across the road from Springfield Mall and it's a bout a 5 minute drive to another mall as well as the Metro Station.
Check-in was a breeze and I ended up on the 11th floor, which is the Hilton Honors floor, the view left something to be desired, but the room was spectacular. A very nice sized room with: Flatscreen TV, free wi-fi, large bathroom, desk and lounge chair. There was also a Houlihan's bar/lounge on property.
Overall, I loved this hotel, nothing negative to say!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed our flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi, large bathroom, desk and lounge chair. It was a pleasure to accommodate you during your visit to see the Cherry Blossoms. We hope you stay again with us soon.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family and I wanted to spend the weekend in Washington DC, visiting the sites. We stayed at this particular hotel because we were looking for something close to the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station. The station is only a 4 minute drive from the hotel. The room was absoulutly gorgeous. Everything was new and updated, from the television to the pictures on the wall. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Everything was very clean and neat. They even provided us with mints and bottled water. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area and I will be sure to stay there again myself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review of our hotel! We will share your comments with our entire team. We look forward to your next visit.
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went here on a groupon deal and stayed overnight... Upon checking in, i verified at the counter if it was noted during the reservation process that we have kids with us and it was a hotel policy that they stay free inside a parent's room. And the desk staff confirmed that it was noted that 2 guests are with 2 children.

Upon entering the room, we saw one king bed inside which prompted me to call the desk back and pointed out there's no way for a family of four fit in one bed. He tried to check if there are other rooms that has double beds but was told there was none. Thus, they provided us instead a roller bed delivered into our room.

Aside from that, the room was clean and neat and bathroom was okay except that the sink are a bit high so I have to carry my kids in my arms whenever they need to wash their hands or brush their teeth. Maybe it's a good idea hotels have stools for children to access the bathroom sink.

Parking is also convenient, free and accessible. And so is internet which is free to guests either in their business center or via wifi (and it's not considerably slow).

Shuttle service was available also which will take you to the nearest metro station but after some interview with locals (including the shuttle driver), fare is not cheap and it's more economical to bring your own car to DC. And being a New Yorker, garage parking for $13 all day was pretty affordable in DC.

Stay was pleasant as we stayed in the 11th floor.

Two things that I regret of not having...
1. indoor pool - didn't have time though I heard from other guests in the elevator that pool were packed

2. no complimentary breakfast - it's good there's Bob Evans nearby

And if a question if it's worth coming back... maybe it's a good answer that trying other hotel chains (homewood suites) next time may be worth a try

Room Tip: if ur a hilton honors member, 11th floor is your floor then
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to submit this review of your recent stay. Thank you for your patience while we arranged to accommodate your family. We warmly invite you to contact the hotel directly to make future reservation so that we may better describe the breakfast inclusive package we offer. We hope you are able to visit again to take advantage of our indoor heated pool, Full Buffett Breakfast and high floor (if available at check -in.)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

So I avoid coming to this particular area because the traffic is absolutely horrendous here. It's the worst interchange designed, ever.

That being said, it was wonderful meeting the front desk attendant from Sudan. He was so friendly and nice and even offered me a few chocolates after I was eyeballing the jar of them (sealed...dammit!) on the counter. What a nice gentleman!

The room was spacious, very clean and up to all the standards that the Hilton normally does. It was pretty hilarious though because I think there was also an event going on that night (or maybe it's the usual Houlihans crowd) but there were MANY older women (40s and over) coming in wearing some very revealing clothing (i think it was a costume party). It was very cute and very "oh my". It was pretty entertaining to watch.

I was in too much of a hurry to pick up food on my way so I got room service which I'm never happy about paying. There was a deal on hotels.com for the room which is why I got it. Let's just say the club sandwich with fries, chicken finger platter and two cans of soda were the same price as the room itself. The food arrived prompt and with a very friendly server (I don't blame him...he doesn't make the food nor the pricing for it) and it was nice and hot too. However, hours later proved that the chicken tenders did not agree with me unfortunately.

All in all, a great hotel with wonderful rooms but I recommend having your meals somewhere outside the hotel. Which can be tricky because nothing in that immediate area is exactly "easily accessible" with the interchange.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Springfield, VA. We are please you were able to get to know our staff a bit. Kodi will be happy to know he was recognized in your review of the hotel. We hope that your travels bring you our way again.

Been to Hilton Springfield? Share your experiences!