“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Williamston, North Carolina, United States
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel itself was beautiful, our room was very nice! My only complaint is with the shuttle service. The driver that ran the shuttle the first night we were there was very friendly when he took us to the station, he told us about local places to eat, etc. Never using a shuttle before, it did not occur to us to tip. Realizing after the fact, I decided I would just give him a big tip at the end of the trip. However, it became very apparent he was only friendly to get a tip. The other 3 times he drove us, he did not speak at all. Needless to say, he never received his tip. Also, the first night we called for a shuttle to pick us up at the station and were told it would be 20 minutes. After 30-35 the driver finally showed up. The next day we called 15 minutes before we were to arrive at the station assuming that was what we needed to do. We got to the station only to find the driver had come and gone. Not very consistent.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and concerns as it is through guest feedback that we can know where to make improvements. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay overall with us and we look forward to your return visit.

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
OCEAN CITY,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was looking for a hotel in D.C. for a Cherry Blossoms photoshoot, but couldn't find anything decent(inexpensive) near the National Mall, so my search ended up taking me to this property and I ended up getting it as a special for $50 a night. The hotel is about 15 minutes drive from downtown D.C. and just off Interstate 95. The hotel is located right across the road from Springfield Mall and it's a bout a 5 minute drive to another mall as well as the Metro Station.
Check-in was a breeze and I ended up on the 11th floor, which is the Hilton Honors floor, the view left something to be desired, but the room was spectacular. A very nice sized room with: Flatscreen TV, free wi-fi, large bathroom, desk and lounge chair. There was also a Houlihan's bar/lounge on property.
Overall, I loved this hotel, nothing negative to say!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed our flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi, large bathroom, desk and lounge chair. It was a pleasure to accommodate you during your visit to see the Cherry Blossoms. We hope you stay again with us soon.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family and I wanted to spend the weekend in Washington DC, visiting the sites. We stayed at this particular hotel because we were looking for something close to the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station. The station is only a 4 minute drive from the hotel. The room was absoulutly gorgeous. Everything was new and updated, from the television to the pictures on the wall. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Everything was very clean and neat. They even provided us with mints and bottled water. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area and I will be sure to stay there again myself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review of our hotel! We will share your comments with our entire team. We look forward to your next visit.
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went here on a groupon deal and stayed overnight... Upon checking in, i verified at the counter if it was noted during the reservation process that we have kids with us and it was a hotel policy that they stay free inside a parent's room. And the desk staff confirmed that it was noted that 2 guests are with 2 children.

Upon entering the room, we saw one king bed inside which prompted me to call the desk back and pointed out there's no way for a family of four fit in one bed. He tried to check if there are other rooms that has double beds but was told there was none. Thus, they provided us instead a roller bed delivered into our room.

Aside from that, the room was clean and neat and bathroom was okay except that the sink are a bit high so I have to carry my kids in my arms whenever they need to wash their hands or brush their teeth. Maybe it's a good idea hotels have stools for children to access the bathroom sink.

Parking is also convenient, free and accessible. And so is internet which is free to guests either in their business center or via wifi (and it's not considerably slow).

Shuttle service was available also which will take you to the nearest metro station but after some interview with locals (including the shuttle driver), fare is not cheap and it's more economical to bring your own car to DC. And being a New Yorker, garage parking for $13 all day was pretty affordable in DC.

Stay was pleasant as we stayed in the 11th floor.

Two things that I regret of not having...
1. indoor pool - didn't have time though I heard from other guests in the elevator that pool were packed

2. no complimentary breakfast - it's good there's Bob Evans nearby

And if a question if it's worth coming back... maybe it's a good answer that trying other hotel chains (homewood suites) next time may be worth a try

Room Tip: if ur a hilton honors member, 11th floor is your floor then
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to submit this review of your recent stay. Thank you for your patience while we arranged to accommodate your family. We warmly invite you to contact the hotel directly to make future reservation so that we may better describe the breakfast inclusive package we offer. We hope you are able to visit again to take advantage of our indoor heated pool, Full Buffett Breakfast and high floor (if available at check -in.)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

So I avoid coming to this particular area because the traffic is absolutely horrendous here. It's the worst interchange designed, ever.

That being said, it was wonderful meeting the front desk attendant from Sudan. He was so friendly and nice and even offered me a few chocolates after I was eyeballing the jar of them (sealed...dammit!) on the counter. What a nice gentleman!

The room was spacious, very clean and up to all the standards that the Hilton normally does. It was pretty hilarious though because I think there was also an event going on that night (or maybe it's the usual Houlihans crowd) but there were MANY older women (40s and over) coming in wearing some very revealing clothing (i think it was a costume party). It was very cute and very "oh my". It was pretty entertaining to watch.

I was in too much of a hurry to pick up food on my way so I got room service which I'm never happy about paying. There was a deal on hotels.com for the room which is why I got it. Let's just say the club sandwich with fries, chicken finger platter and two cans of soda were the same price as the room itself. The food arrived prompt and with a very friendly server (I don't blame him...he doesn't make the food nor the pricing for it) and it was nice and hot too. However, hours later proved that the chicken tenders did not agree with me unfortunately.

All in all, a great hotel with wonderful rooms but I recommend having your meals somewhere outside the hotel. Which can be tricky because nothing in that immediate area is exactly "easily accessible" with the interchange.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Springfield, VA. We are please you were able to get to know our staff a bit. Kodi will be happy to know he was recognized in your review of the hotel. We hope that your travels bring you our way again.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

They promise shuttle service to local restaurants then don't deliver. The evening shuttle driver disappears and cannot be reached at times. The front desk promises a shuttle will be there to pick you up, after waiting a half hour, I finally took a cab back to the hotel only to be told they do not go to that restaurant any more...

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the inconveniences you endured while staying with us. Guest feedback is extremely important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here for 14 nights for our 41st wedding anniversary. As a non driver in the U.S. this hotel was ideal for us. The staff were very friendly and helpful ..Jawed and his team on the front desk were great and very helpful.The room was a good size, clean and tidy. The hotel also had a gym and a heated indoor swimming pool. Breakfast at Houlihans was excellent, a great choice to pick from. Sandra and her team provide a great service in the restaurant. As a non driver the hotel was ideal for us, transportation provided by the hotel took you to Franconia train and bus station. You can also get a TAG bus which stops outside the hotel which will also take you to the train/ bus. You can go anywhere in DC from this station. If you plan to be there for some time get a Smart card at Franconia which works out a lot cheaper. If you fancy a trip to Potomac mills it will cost you $3:50.on the bus or $35 by taxi. Out thanks to all the staff who we got to know so well. In our opinion it was a great hotel and staff to match.

Room Tip: As my wife is a smoker we had to pick a smoking room on the 2nd floor but I'm glad to say it did...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Congratulations on your 41st wedding anniversary! What a honor to have you stay with us on your 2 week visit. We are so happy you enjoyed our gym, indoor heated pool and our staff! Thank you for choosing our hotel for this special occasion. We hope to see you again!

Been to Hilton Springfield? Share your experiences!