We went here on a groupon deal and stayed overnight... Upon checking in, i verified at the counter if it was noted during the reservation process that we have kids with us and it was a hotel policy that they stay free inside a parent's room. And the desk staff confirmed that it was noted that 2 guests are with 2 children.
Upon entering the room, we saw one king bed inside which prompted me to call the desk back and pointed out there's no way for a family of four fit in one bed. He tried to check if there are other rooms that has double beds but was told there was none. Thus, they provided us instead a roller bed delivered into our room.
Aside from that, the room was clean and neat and bathroom was okay except that the sink are a bit high so I have to carry my kids in my arms whenever they need to wash their hands or brush their teeth. Maybe it's a good idea hotels have stools for children to access the bathroom sink.
Parking is also convenient, free and accessible. And so is internet which is free to guests either in their business center or via wifi (and it's not considerably slow).
Shuttle service was available also which will take you to the nearest metro station but after some interview with locals (including the shuttle driver), fare is not cheap and it's more economical to bring your own car to DC. And being a New Yorker, garage parking for $13 all day was pretty affordable in DC.
Stay was pleasant as we stayed in the 11th floor.
Two things that I regret of not having...
1. indoor pool - didn't have time though I heard from other guests in the elevator that pool were packed
2. no complimentary breakfast - it's good there's Bob Evans nearby
And if a question if it's worth coming back... maybe it's a good answer that trying other hotel chains (homewood suites) next time may be worth a try
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the 244 rooms at the Hilton Springfield hotel features contemporary design and evokes a sense of comfort and hospitality. Work in comfort at the large desk, curl up on the armchair with a book or simply relax on sumptuous bed linen. Appreciate the modern amenities at this Springfield, Virginia, hotel that include 37-inch HDTVs and complimentary high-speed wireless internet access. Stay active in the fitness center with a range of cardiovascular equipment and free weights. Swim laps in the heated indoor pool or simply relax on the sun deck. After a busy day, unwind in Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, this Springfield restaurant offers a wide array of fine American cuisine with delicious and creative menu selections. All food is freshly prepared, from homemade soups and dressings, to fresh-baked breads and desserts. Later, enjoy a glass of wine or cold beer at the bar and soak up the cozy and relaxed atmosphere. Host meetings or events at this Springfield, Virginia, hotel that features flexible meeting space for up to 500 Guests. Utilize the 24-hour business center with amenities that include A/V equipment and complimentary printing services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Hilton Hotel Springfield