“Good Location to DC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“Good Location to DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed 1 night with my husband on New Year's Eve. The hotel is directly across from Springfield mall which is being rebuilt. It has an adjacent restaurant "Houlihan's" which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hotel looks old on the outside but it is updated very nicely on the inside. The hotel was very quiet (surprising for New Year's Eve) clean and the staff were friendly. This hotel feels very secure as you can only access the elevator with your room key. Stayed in a king room 602. It was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. For some odd reason this room had a doorbell. They do have adjoining rooms which is great for traveling with large groups. The only problem we encountered was the ac/heat unit made a loud popping noise when the heat turned off. We finally just turned the heat off when we went to sleep. Didn't have a chance to use the pool but it is a decent size and looked clean. Overall I enjoyed my short stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hilton Springfield during your trip to Northern Virginia! As you noticed, we are committed to safety, security and excellent service. We appreciate your feedback.

Visit us again!

292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Philadelphia suburb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Springfield Hilton is located within easy access of the Washington dc metropolitan area. It is adjacent to the Springfield mall. The hotel staff is welcoming and friendly. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. There is free wifi in all of the rooms. There is also a refridgerator in each room. There is a large hd tv and excellent channel selection. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you! We are happy you enjoyed your accommodations and amenities! Let us know when you are in the area. It would be our pleasure to have you visit us again.
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This property features free parking, and very easy access to I95 north just south of the DC beltway. I arrived late at night, the front desk was ready for me, and the lobby bedecked for the holidays, really quite lovely. The elevator only moves with your room key, which is great for single travelers. The room was nicely appointed, immaculate, and modern in its furnishings, plush towels, great bedding, reading lights, and plugs for electronics. It was an easy nights sleep, and given another good price, I'd stay there again tomorrow! Nice job Hilton!
(PS - the Hampton Inn next door is NOT a place to stay!)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It seems you have made up your mind to stay with us (Hilton Springfield) the next time your travels bring you to Northern VA! We look forward to your visit! Thank You for your wonderful review.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great value for your money - Just a train ride to the city - Free shuttle to the train excellent service just a phone call to the shuttle and the driver was at the station to pick you up. Breakfast had excellent quality food and service as very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for staying with us! Your review will be shared with our entire team! If your travels bring you to the Springfield, VA area, you know just where to stay!

Until Next Time!
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed recently at the Hilton in Springfield as we took some relatives, who were visiting from Europe, to see Washington,D.C. Although our overall experience in Washington,D.C. was amazing, the hotel was not. The rooms were fine. The breakfast food at their restaurant is not so great....food wasn't that good. Front desk staff are not very welcoming and friendly and,when we asked if we could stay an extra night to allow more time for sightseeing, the receptionist said "no!" I found that to be rude and unprofessional. She could have said "I can't, I'm sorry" or could have offered other options. Won't be going back to that hotel if I ever visit Washington,DC in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We review all comments and share them with our staff.

I would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations during your stay with us. Our Houlihan's restaurant is very popular with the local community and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, as well as happy hour. I have forwarded your comments regarding breakfast to our restaurant manager.

Also, I've reviewed your comments with our Front Desk team so that they realize the impact of their customer service or lack there of. This is not the type of perception that we are known for delivering to our guests.

We will continue to strive to please our guests and hopefully have the opportunity to resolve a problem before a guest leaves our hotel. Thank you again for the time you took to share your thoughts, and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and next time I would pick a different hotel. While the room was clean it was old with stuff cluttering it. The internet service was good and even though I accepted a room right next to the elevator, it was not a bit noisy. The pillows were pathetic, falling flat the moment you put your head on them. Breakfast was a disaster, long waits for simple orders in their restaurant. Trying to treat a customer to drinks in that same place during the evening was also a disaster, as they could barely keep up if four or more people were in there, and they seemed to have a very limited supply of glasses as they had to collect them regularly to make sure they could pour more beer. If you have no other place to stay, this palce will do, but I'll take my business elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Since I was right next to the elevator and had no issues, I would bet all the rooms are decent from...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Krupa,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the guestroom pillows and restaurant service. I have forwarded your comments regarding these concerns to our housekeeping and restaurant managers as a tool to share with our team for improvement.

We keep all guest suggestions as serving and exceeding guest expectations are the qualities that differentiate us from the rest.

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room was well decorated and clean, so I felt comfortable staying there, but the hallway smelled of cigarettes and that smell drifted into the room. The bathrooms are extremely tiny, so be careful not to bump into the toilet as you enter and exit. I was placed on the 12th floor, which is supposed to be the Hilton Honors floor, but they have conference rooms up there and there was some commotion as the meetings ended and as the staff cleaned up. Why would they have that on a floor meant for special guests? That also means that conference attendees can walk the hallways when you are supposed to only be able to get around with key access. I would stay here again, but I'd ask for a different floor. Don't bother eating at Houlihan's.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that your visit was less than desirable. The areas of concern will be shared reviewed in great detail with our team to continue to better serve you, our valued guest.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to your future stay with us.

Been to Hilton Springfield? Share your experiences!