“Wouldn't go back” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
London, Canada
“Wouldn't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed recently at the Hilton in Springfield as we took some relatives, who were visiting from Europe, to see Washington,D.C. Although our overall experience in Washington,D.C. was amazing, the hotel was not. The rooms were fine. The breakfast food at their restaurant is not so great....food wasn't that good. Front desk staff are not very welcoming and friendly and,when we asked if we could stay an extra night to allow more time for sightseeing, the receptionist said "no!" I found that to be rude and unprofessional. She could have said "I can't, I'm sorry" or could have offered other options. Won't be going back to that hotel if I ever visit Washington,DC in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We review all comments and share them with our staff.

I would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations during your stay with us. Our Houlihan's restaurant is very popular with the local community and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, as well as happy hour. I have forwarded your comments regarding breakfast to our restaurant manager.

Also, I've reviewed your comments with our Front Desk team so that they realize the impact of their customer service or lack there of. This is not the type of perception that we are known for delivering to our guests.

We will continue to strive to please our guests and hopefully have the opportunity to resolve a problem before a guest leaves our hotel. Thank you again for the time you took to share your thoughts, and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and next time I would pick a different hotel. While the room was clean it was old with stuff cluttering it. The internet service was good and even though I accepted a room right next to the elevator, it was not a bit noisy. The pillows were pathetic, falling flat the moment you put your head on them. Breakfast was a disaster, long waits for simple orders in their restaurant. Trying to treat a customer to drinks in that same place during the evening was also a disaster, as they could barely keep up if four or more people were in there, and they seemed to have a very limited supply of glasses as they had to collect them regularly to make sure they could pour more beer. If you have no other place to stay, this palce will do, but I'll take my business elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Since I was right next to the elevator and had no issues, I would bet all the rooms are decent from...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Krupa,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the guestroom pillows and restaurant service. I have forwarded your comments regarding these concerns to our housekeeping and restaurant managers as a tool to share with our team for improvement.

We keep all guest suggestions as serving and exceeding guest expectations are the qualities that differentiate us from the rest.

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room was well decorated and clean, so I felt comfortable staying there, but the hallway smelled of cigarettes and that smell drifted into the room. The bathrooms are extremely tiny, so be careful not to bump into the toilet as you enter and exit. I was placed on the 12th floor, which is supposed to be the Hilton Honors floor, but they have conference rooms up there and there was some commotion as the meetings ended and as the staff cleaned up. Why would they have that on a floor meant for special guests? That also means that conference attendees can walk the hallways when you are supposed to only be able to get around with key access. I would stay here again, but I'd ask for a different floor. Don't bother eating at Houlihan's.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that your visit was less than desirable. The areas of concern will be shared reviewed in great detail with our team to continue to better serve you, our valued guest.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to your future stay with us.
Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

stayed here in July, so when we needed to stay again, we brought more of our family and stayed here for 2 nights. Comfortable, good breakfast, helpful, cordial staff. Everyone was happy.Conveniently located to our daughter's family. Our son in law is the new senior pastor at St Mark's Lutheran Church in Springfield.It's a beautiful church-and visitors would feel welcome.

Room Tip: stayed higher-rooms were quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Springfield! I am glad that you and your family were very happy during your return visit to our hotel!

We hope to continue to be your first choice when travelling to Springfield, VA!

At Your Service,
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel was a good pick, we were in town for a wedding and most of the wedding stayed there. I really like the little shampoos and stuff in the bathroom, a good quality not cheap stuff. The restaurant was Hoolihans, we only went for drinks but they were good!

• Stayed November 2012
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We're so happy all was a success! Thank you for sharing your comments and review of our hotel. If you're ever in town we warmly invite you to enjoy another stay with us!
central virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here two weeknights for a business trip to Ft. Belvoir. Surrounded by concrete but once you are inside your room it's quite comfortable and quiet. The only complaint is that the bathroom is excessively small - the doormen were extremely friendly and the bar staff/dining staff were quite eager to serve. Coffee was actually not bad and the breakfast buffet was sufficient with many different options for the traveler. Even though my room was on the end of the hall just next to the ice machine and vending machines- and one door from the elevator- nothing awakened me in the night!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and review of the Hilton Springfield! We're pleased to know you enjoyed your stay, accommodation and dining experience. As you know, Ft. Belvoir is just 10 - 15 minutes away, so we look forward to having you stay with again!
Globe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed three nights at this hotel while attending a reunion. We drove up from the south on 95 and our brand new Garmin was unable to locate the address. We "drew" flower petals on the freeway stack for almost a half hour before just taking the next exit and we stopped, set up the I Pad and Google maps drew a straight line with one turn directly to the hotel. Once we arrived stressed and frazzled, we ran into friends whose navigation systems, including OnStar and Magellan, failed like ours did. Just a word to the wise...print a paper map with directions to get here. The hotel was clean, I really appreciated all of the outlets for multiple chargers in our room, including one bedside. Service and attitude of all the staff I encountered was excellent, the indoor heated pool was a good place to recover from the stressful freeway interchange experience. However, we ordered room service breakfast one morning and it arrived late and not very hot. I had also ordered "brown toast" from the choices of bread, anticipating either wheat or whole grain, but instead received sourdough rye, a bit strong for me at breakfast. The bacon and scrambled eggs ok, fruit plate just contained three kinds of melon. There was a restaurant on site which we didn't get to. Not sure I would come back. Our view was of a nearby office high rise and parking lots.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel and room service. I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast entrée. I have brought your comment to our culinary team and we are actively reworking our offerings with your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Thank you once again for your comments.

Been to Hilton Springfield? Share your experiences!