“Immaculate” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
“Immaculate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Simply perfect. I have no idea how you can get a hotel room this nice for so cheap. Friendly staff, attached restaurant, modern decor and the most comfortable beds you can imagine. Free parking in well lit lot and under a kilometre to the metro station (Franconia-Springfield). We'll be staying here again on our next visit to DC!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
We are happy you enjoyed your stay! We are looking forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Denver, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at hotel as a midpoint stop to Outer Banks. Location gets you south of DC and ahead of traffic. Restaurant quality was excellent. We don't usually enjoy hotel dining but this was the exception. Excellent service. Great food.

Room Tip: Higher floor was quiet and provided a nice view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing us as your mid-point during your travels. We have hope you stay with us on your way back!
Jacksonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend for a trip to D.C. and Mount Vernon. The room was great (the outside is very deceiving). The staff was very friendly and helped us in every way. Free parking, free shuttle to the metro (about 5 min. away). The shuttle didn't pick us up for about 30 min. one evening so the hotel gave us free breakfast vouchers for the next day, no questions asked. If we need to go to D.C. we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us again soon!
Wiesbaden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was a three night stay on business near Springfield. I generally like Hilton and this is no exception. The limitations of Springfield itself shouldn't reflect on the Hotel. For starters, there is plenty of parking available, for free. That is not always a given. The hotel isn't anything special from the outside, but then this is a business kind of area, so not much to expect. The lobby is nice, not huge by Hilton standards, and the staff very professional and polite. I had booked on-line and the only available room by that method was a handicapped room. When I checked in, I didn't feel quite comfortable with that, and changing out was no problem.
The room was nicely arranged, the beds and pillows very comfortable and all in all quite clean. I've yet to find a hotel were everything was absolutely perfect - so there were some stains where water had dripped over the side of the bathroom sink and had not been wiped off, and dust in the usual inconspicuous places, but all in all very nice. I didn't use the TV a whole lot, having work to do and also having to seek out places for dinner, but everything was functional and in good maintenance.
Breakfast was great. Served at the adjoined Houlihan's, and for free, was a wonderful thing and the free internet is not to be ignored either. One of my traveling companions noted that this used to be a nicer hotel - and maybe there was something to that, but I can only comment on what I saw, and that is, the hotel is still very nice.
Since I arrived late the first night, I also ate dinner at Houlihan's not wanting to waste time running around an unfamiliar area. The burger I ordered was delicious and the beer that came with it went down very smoothly.
The bathroom was quite small. I had to close the door to be able to climb into the shower/tub. On the other hand, that's convenient since everything is within reach. I do wonder about the towel policy as well. Every hotel, this one included has the sign up - help the environment, if you hang your towel on a rack, we won't replace it. Put it on the floor and we will give you a new one. I always hang it on the rack, and always get a new one, anyway. Not that I'm that environmentally concerned - hotels are not beacons of green thinking - but why bother with the little cards?
Last, but not nearly least, was the convenient and adequately equipped exercise room. A good selection of cardio machines, some free weights (nothing extravagant), some mats and a water cooler, but that is all I need.
The normal rates are not so great, but then, this is Hilton. The business rate was reasonable for all that was offered. For a middle of the road guy like me, not likely a place I'd want to afford without the special rates. But if you can get them, there are certainly many worse choices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here 1 night on business. Don't let the outside fool you. The hotel was very clean and the room was great. There wasn't much to eat around except the mall and the attached Houlihans. It was fine nothing special. The shuttle service was also very nice and a added bonus. I will stay here again when I'm in the S DC area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Whenever I have to go to the southern DC area, this is my hotel of choice. Two key points here on why. 1, free wifi and 2 free full breakfast. I'm a big breakfast person and this place always suits my needs. It may not be in the most ideal location (Springfield mall across the street) but it has everything I need and close to where I need to be for work without having to get on the highway. Also the rooms are nice updated and decorated. I spent two weeks here last August and had a great stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Recently stayed here for a weekend trip to Mount Vernon and DC. This was the ideal location for both. The outside of the hotel does make you wonder if the rooms are outdated, but they are not. The beds and amenities were very good. The room was just as pictured on the website. For some odd reason, I overlooked there was not a microwave so that meant I ate cold dinner leftovers for breakfast one morning. A warning is that the air conditioner is loud, so if you like white noise it is a plus if not, then be aware. The staff were professional, but not what I would deem friendly. The did politely respond to any questions promptly and spoke back if spoken to. As for the shuttle service to the Metro station it was a plus. During the morning of the trip to DC the shuttle was available for immediate drop off, but took 40 minutes to pick us up from the Metro station. After calling the hotel twice and being told it was on its way I learned from others taking the shuttle that there was a delay of some sort. When the shuttle arrived, I did not hear that from the driver nor an apology for the delay.This was minor and I kept in mind this is a free service and all hotels do not offer it. The housekeeping staff was very attentive to room details and the pool area was well kept. Hats off to the housekeeper who found my phone in the bed where my son placed it. The housekeeper found and stored my phone on marked it for the day of check out. I returned to the hotel to claim it without any problems. Even though the mall across the street is closed for renovations until 2014, I definitely will stay here on my next trip! You may want to ask where fast food places are because I did not and we at a chain restaurants such as the Silver Dinner and TGI Fridays.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and on a higher a floor to alleviate street or parking lot no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Springfield? Share your experiences!