I have stayed at many times at other hotels in the immediate area of this property, and prefer the two Marriotts, with the Hilton in a distant second. This is an older property and it shows. It doesn't give a warm and fuzzy feeling like newer hotels or more recently renovated properties. It was decent, but nothing to brag about.
The Metro is near but not really close enough to walk, so bring cash to pay for parking and the Metro. I always beat my Metro-dedicated colleagues when I drove into DC from Springfield... but then I had to pay $18/day to park at the Ronald Reagan complex. When they car-pooled with me, we could get in/out even quicker using the HOV lanes.
There are plenty of nearby eateries, including across I-95 at the local mall. Very close to the hotel is a Bob Evans, a Vietnamese restaurant, and a Chinese buffet patronized mostly by Chinese... all three restaurants have consistently good quality. Over by the mall is a small, but delightful Thai restaurant.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Olotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.