We stayed at the HI Express from 09/06-09/11/06. This hotel was not actually my first choice but we were traveling from California for a wedding and a block of rooms had been reserved for people visiting from out of town. To be honest, the hotel exceeded our expectations. I have not had the best of experiences at Holiday Inns, but this on was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpfull. The head of sales actually helped me with our reservations personally and the manager on duty when we checked in Wednesday afternoon was very kind, patient and helpfull.
Likes: Room was clean, all linens extremely clean, towels fluffy, the pillows were a dream (you could chose between soft and firm and there were at least 8 around the room), the bed was extremely comfortable, the carpet was clean, no bad smells, iron and full size board in room. All electronics in room worked fine. Breakfast provided was much more than expected, 3 different juices, milk, cereal, oatmeal, toast, muffins, cinnamon rolls, waffles, fruit, hard boiled eggs and yogurt. It really helped us save on expenses and was greatly appritiated.
The drive to DC from Springfield is farely short and easy once you get the hang of the freeway system. We had a rental, so I have no opinion on the Metro access, but we found it easy to get to and from the hotel from DC.
Check out was a breeze. I liked that they slipped a breakdown of charges under the door the day we checked out and all I had to do was hand in our room cards. Very, very easy checkout.
Dislikes: Just a few thing, the ice machine was broken on our floor, the mirror in the bathroom had apparently broken away from its brackets and slid down the wall onto the sink, so that it was pushing the whole sink slightly away from the wall. And for some reason, we only had one trash can in the main room. None in the bathroom. Not a huge inconvinience, but weird.
Over all, we thouroughly enjoyed our stay. In fact, we plan on returning to the DC area next year and we will probably stay here again due to our experience. Thanks HI Express for making our first stay in DC enjoyable and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn