Stayed here with my folks on Aug 4th & 5th, 2006. Got lost on the drive in from Gettysburg - called the hotel and the check in clerk talked us to the hotel. Clean and comfortable room. Best hotel pillows I have EVER seen. Fat & Fluffy! We were on the 9th floor. Interesting view of the highway system. Breakfast ok, nothing fancy, attendants very friendly. Both elevators worked fine. Shuttle to Metro very timely. My 76 year old mother was using a walker with a seat. The driver was very careful to fold it up for her and produce a step stool to make it easer for her to climb in and out of the van. All in all, friendly and about what I expected when I booked.
The only negative thing for our stay was the Metro. Service is being done on the tracks week-ends from now until mid Oct. We planned to get off at Arlington which should have been a straight shot but now you have to get off at the King St. station and catch a different train to get there. Same thing with the return. Getting on at King St on the way back was a stampede. Trains kept coming in and more and more people were getting off and waiting for the train to Springfield- Franconia. It was a zoo, so keep that in mind and build in extra travel time for the Metro to your schedule.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn