“Family Reunion” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Lexington, North Carolina
“Family Reunion”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Springfield Va. We had about ten family members stay there as well. We were all supposed to be on the same floor. When we arrived we were informed the rooms were not on the same floor. No one on the staff could find our reservations or their details. I ask to speak to the Manager and was asked, " are you serious?" we had several elderly family members in our party and this was the reason for the same floor request.
After about an hour, we had the rooms we had reserved. The rooms were very nice and the shuttle provided was on time and very clean. They also had another family reunion that night and over 150 people attended. They threw their trash in the parking lot and even in front of the entrance, all while the Security guard stood by and did nothing.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tanja H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Valued Guest! Thank you for your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to address some of our deficiencies. We sincerely apologize for having failed your expectations but are glad to hear that you enjoyed your guest room stay after all. Looking forward to seeing you again soon and provide you with an experience that is in accordance with all your needs.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Athens, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel doesn't wow you by any means, but that's not to say it doesn't provide. It's conveniently located right off the interstate. The rooms are clean and moderately spacious. The staff is very helpful. Overall, don't expect luxurious rooms with a butler, but do know if you're looking for a place where you don't feel the need to get out at the first chance you get, then this is a safe bet. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a quality room at a reasonable price.

Stayed August 2014
Tanja H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Will R! Thank you for your feedback.! While we just completed renovations of the inside of all of our guest rooms, the public and exterior areas of our property are still forthcoming. When it comes to our valuable guests, increasing the "wow" factor is one of our top priorities on the list!. We are looking to provide all the basics, plus a little extra.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've probably spent 6 months in this hotel on business travel and haven't been disappointed. Staff is always very friendly. Rooms are recently remodeled, breakfast is quite extensive for a free morning meal. Small fitness center but enough to get by. Conveniently located 5 min drive from the Franconia/Springfield metro station. Plenty of restaurant within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors come with more amenities.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Dexter 720! Thank you so very much for being a loyal guest! Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet has recently been updated with additional choices and our complimentary shuttle service to nearby local destinations, including the Franconia Springfield Metro stop to access public transportation, is a convenient and economical alternative to driving in city traffic and high parking fees in the DC downtown area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Traveling from Michigan with a family of 5 was made easy with the help and assistance from Poalo at the front desk. Hotel was very nice and the stay was great thank u! Breakfast needs to be improved at all Holiday inns, but the hotel was great overall.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear ljones77777777! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such delightful feedback regarding one of our team members! We pride ourselves with great staff like Paolo and look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!!
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The room was beautiful - comfortable and quiet. We really appreciated having the shuttle to the metro! The breakfast was wonderful, as I always expect from HI Express. Checking in and out was a breeze and the staff was very helpful and friendly! A great HI Express experience! My reservation was made through a rewards program with Verizon, so I really have to go with the hotel's reputation, and in this case, I definitely wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tanja H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us! We are glad that you enjoyed our stay and complimentary shuttle service, which is available to the metro as well as nearby restaurants and local attractions. It was our pleasure to serve you!
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was my favorite hotel out of the paces we stayed while on our DC to NYC trip! very comfy beds, nice decor, mini fridge, and breakfast! It was also close to a CVS and everyone was very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

After driving 14 hours from Florida to Virginia non stop I was done. I had planned on staying with family but it just didn't pan out so I booked a room just for one night. It was extremely close to my family and very easy to get to as well. It seemed like the hotel was just recently renovated and still somewhat under construction but not overly noticeable. The room was great, very clean and modern. For some silly reason I checked out not realizing it would probably just be easier to stay another two nights. We I decided to check back in they gave me a similar room on a different floor. Not even 10 minutes of being in the room and there were children running up and down the hall making all kind of noise, banging on doors. So I went downstairs and the gentleman at the front desk apologized and said he forgot there was a large family taking most of the rooms on that floor and he would move me immediately. I got my original room back, and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable stays I have ever had in a hotel recently. The staff was helpful and very polite. I would have rated this hotel a little higher but the breakfast was pretty terrible. Granted it's complimentary but what good is that if it's not exactly edible? Anytime I go back I definitely plan on staying here again. The price was also great, I booked by calling the hotel and got a cheaper price than what was online through different hotel sites.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Tanja H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback for your most recent stay. We are delighted that we met your expectation regarding our newly guest room accommodations. Our renovations of our guest rooms have been completed with the exception of one floor. While many of our guests enjoy our full hot breakfast buffet that is being served according to IHG Holiday Inn Express standards, we sincerely apologize that it was not suitable for your own needs. It is our greatest desire to leave you with a better impression during your next visit.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield? Share your experiences!