After driving 14 hours from Florida to Virginia non stop I was done. I had planned on staying with family but it just didn't pan out so I booked a room just for one night. It was extremely close to my family and very easy to get to as well. It seemed like the hotel was just recently renovated and still somewhat under construction but not overly noticeable. The room was great, very clean and modern. For some silly reason I checked out not realizing it would probably just be easier to stay another two nights. We I decided to check back in they gave me a similar room on a different floor. Not even 10 minutes of being in the room and there were children running up and down the hall making all kind of noise, banging on doors. So I went downstairs and the gentleman at the front desk apologized and said he forgot there was a large family taking most of the rooms on that floor and he would move me immediately. I got my original room back, and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable stays I have ever had in a hotel recently. The staff was helpful and very polite. I would have rated this hotel a little higher but the breakfast was pretty terrible. Granted it's complimentary but what good is that if it's not exactly edible? Anytime I go back I definitely plan on staying here again. The price was also great, I booked by calling the hotel and got a cheaper price than what was online through different hotel sites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn