Before deciding to book my 5-night stay here I read almost all of the reviews, so I was expecting a typical Holiday Inn Express experience.
Arriving at the hotel the propery appeared old from the outside, however the premises were clean and pleasant. The check-in was very friendly, I was recognized as a platinum PC member and assigned the type and location of the room I had requested in the reservation. Moreover, Stacey explained in detail how the shuttle and the subway work, how to get to downtown DC, even provided a map and also made some dinner suggestions.
The hotel lobby, hallways and elevators were very run down, the doors to the room badly scratched, dented, bumped, the whole property appeared very, very tired. The room itsself had been updated to some extend. However the worse part was the bathroom, which was tiny, with very limited space to put your things on. Moreoever, the metal parts of the sink were rusty, the tap would not close completely, so there was constant water dripping and the bathtub would drain extremely slowly. There were also quite some problems in the room: on our first day there was no bar soap in the room, on our second day the housekeeping didn't leave any coffee, there was one light bulb missing in the table lamp, the room was only vacumed on our 3rd night and the bed matresses were overused and producing squeeky noises with every move. Contrary to some reviews here the room was not at all soundproof, the noise from the traffic was quite bothersome. We also used the laundry room, which was rather dirty. I also found it somewhat unpleasant that you could enter the hotel from the side door at any time of night. Even though the doors were supposed to be locked at night, they were not.
On the positive side: the complimentary shuttle to the Metro station is great, it is fast and very convenient, every member of the staff is very friendly, polite and professional. It is too bad the hotel is not renewed completely and managed in a better way.
Had I been paying their usual USD 100+ a night rates, I would have been rather angry for choosing this property. As I redeemed my PC points I was OK with staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn