My family and I only planned to stay at this property for 12 days while we moved out of the local area heading overseas (I'm in the military), but when our house sooner than expected and we needed a place to stay for an extra 30 days (!), we spoke to the H.I. Express management and askled for help making an arrangement. The staff was great! (Special thanks to Armando, the business manager.) Suffice it to say it wasn't how we wanted to end our time in Springfield, but it worked out fine. Yes, we stayed longer than most ever will, but our experience gave us pretty good insight into the people there. We got to know the staff (whom we saw everyday) and it was our pleasure, they were just good people ... everyone from the ladies who cleaned the rooms (they were willing to work with us on a convieint schedule) to the guys who drove the shuttle to and from the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station (huge help!!). I also don't want to forget the maintenance staff wo helped us rearrange the room to adjust for the demands if a longer stay (they provided a microwave and better TV), and the morning breakfast crew who always had a little extra of something (Yoplait yougart, fruit loops, etc) for the kids before they left for school. Overall, they were all friendly, helpful and nice, especially to our kids (e.g.: on Saturdays they'd see us coming and going for soccer games and take time to ask how it went - very sincere, very personable). I know this review is atypical, and that you're unlikely to spend as much time there as we did, but I can tell you that the folks working at this place made it feel as close to a home as a hotel can feel. They really earned my respect as a hotel satff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn