Typical Holiday Inn Express. Nice clean room, decent location, reasonable price.
Our only problem was with the hotel shuttle service. It runs from 7 am to 9 pm. Takes you wherever you want to go in the area (food, shopping, Metro, etc). However we were going to DC early one morning, and staying late another evening and needed to get to and from the Metro station (too far to walk) outside the shuttle schedule, so we had to take taxi both ways - about $ 6-7 taxi ride.
Another day we called the hotel to be picked up by the shuttle when we arrived at the Metro station from DC. The clerk said it would be there within 10 minutes. It was about 5:30pm, so we gave him a few minutes extra, but 30 minutes later, no shuttle. Another call to the hotel, an apology and I was put on hold while the same clerk said she would check with the driver. She never came back to me, so after 6 minutes on hold, I hung up and called (3rd time) and talked to a different person (assistant manager, I found out later). She apologized profusely, laid the phone on the desk while she called the driver on a walkie-talkie and dispatched him to the station, and asked me to check in with her when we returned to the hotel.
Within 10 minutes the shuttle was there. I asked the driver when he was dispatched and he said just a few minutes earlier. Evidently the first clerk that I talked to (who was a trainee) forgot to dispatch him the first two times I called.
When we got to the hotel I checked in with the assistant manager who had finally dispatched the shuttle. She apologized again and offered to give me extra Priority Club points or a credit toward our room charges. We took the $50 credit and felt like she had made up for the gaffe.
The restaurant across the street simply says "Pizza" on their sign, but they have a good selection of Italian, Greek, American and seafood on the menu. Great selection of desserts, also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn